rest and relaxation!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
December 4th 2006
Published: December 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well another amazing stop on our trip has passed us by. Mui Ne beach was very beautiful and the area was very different from anything I had seen before. There were miles of endless coastline along with sand dunes through out the countryside. Mui Ne is definatly a very quiet town. There is only one main street that goes on for a few km's and is filled with different resorts and restaurants. We are staying in a cute little beach bungalow. There is not alot to do here other than go see the surrounding dunes and lay on the beach. Its really hard to swim here though because the waves are huge...surfing and windsurfing arent a problem though! So we decided to only stay for a couple days since we have Nha Trang (a big beach party town) coming up in a few days.

So the first day we relaxed on the beach with our books and had some much needed rest. I am finally getting better after being sick for about 4 days..thank god! We had a nice seafood BBQ dinner and headed to bed early because today was sand dune day! We hired 2 motorcycles and began our
The CoastlineThe CoastlineThe Coastline

So beautiful!
journey. We first went to see a fishing village. Wasn't too exciting after what we saw in the mekong delta. Then we continued on to the white sand dunes and lotus lake. At the white sand dunes all the kids came running up to us with peices of plastic to trying sand sledding and of course we tried it! Wasnt as fast as expected but still good times! We then went on to the red sand dunes and took some pictures. Carried on to the red canyon and a nice river walk to see a little waterfall. Just a nice day of sight seeing and photo taking. These sandunes and canyon are not something you would expect to see in Vietnam it is more something you would see in Egypt! This afternoon it has been raining so it was time to post my blog. Tomorrow we are off to Dalat! Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for xmas! miss you all very much.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The fishing villageThe fishing village
The fishing village

And the conical hats!


4th December 2006

I love the pictures!! Sounds like you are on the mend. It is so nice to view your trip this way. Wish I was there!!! Hope all is well. Thinking of you as I decorate the house and get ready for Christmas. Love you and miss you!! Mom

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb