Pure Relaxation in Mui Ne


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
November 27th 2006
Published: December 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Okay okay... the last few blogs have been a bit long but this one is going to be relatively quick because all we did was lay horizontal getting up to eat. : )

Firstly - our hotel is wicked. Its acutally on Par with the Bali hotel and because of the location and Mui Ne itself it prob overtakes Bali very slightly. We got a very good deal booking through James which makes us even more impressed with him. The hotel has cable TV, hot water a GIGANTIC swimming pool and is right on the beach with its own restaurant The staff are really friendly too. We 'mentioned' it was our honeymoon (WELL technically it still is)! and later on on our first day we got a basket of fresh fruit and wine from the mgt. How cool.

The first day we just lounged by the pool and went and ate at another beach restaurant where they had blue crab?! I never seen blue crab before. Once again we ordered food where they bring a barbacue to your table but this time they cook it for you! phew! Walking back we decided to have a romantic stroll along the beach but it was dark and we came across this animal looking creature on the beach which I still believe was a monkey but Maz doesnt think so, nevertheless we didnt get too close but starred at it until we heard sudden horrible noises which made us both jump and run to the road!

The next day we sat by the beach and watched fishermen for 2 long hot hours pulling in nets of fish. Maz and I helped for a bit but we got exhausted after 2 pulls, even old women were there helping - and they do this every morning every day. Eventually when they pulled it in there were thousands and thousands of fish. Unfortuantely it also brought with it hundreds of jelly fish too which started stinging all the tourists and fishermen - OUCH! I couldnt find Maz when I looked down and realised what had stung me so wanted to scream for someone - anyone to piss on me but I restrained myself as I saw everyone scratching themselves and then found Maz who was really enjoying watching everything in action despite being stung loads of times himself. (Thank God they are not the poisonous type hey)!

The beach is lovely but because of the jelly fish season we dont want to go in too deep and when we were in the water once I saw this big thing which Maz investigated and said it was a jelly fish so we started to leave and then Maz jumped so badly that I screamed and jumped to... a kite surfing shadow loomed over us which sh it Maz up for some reason. I hit him soooo for scaring me!!!!

That night we went and ate at an Italian restaurant chain called Good morning Vietnam. Very nice food and we read magazines about Vietnamese food and how men like to drink the blood of bats and snakes for s exual reasons (keeping it up) as well as their meat and tiger pen ises. Despite it being quite bad for your health. Grosse!

A famous saying is ''we eat anything on the table with 4 legs apart from the table, anything from the ocean apart from submarines and anything from the air apart from planes". hmmm. sounds like Maz.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb