Puppy dog eyes


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
April 30th 2017
Published: May 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Taking a step back to our last stop, Hanoi the capital of Vietnam. Wow did we love this place again! It creeps up on you, she's a charismatic lady, seems hectic and to busy on first arrival.

Takes a moment to understand that you have to trust her people not to run you over in every imaginable vehicle as you cross the street to get to the other side. Ahhh, but once you work that one out, then you can begin to enjoy what Hanoi has to offer. I believe it's her test before she welcomes you in.

It was festival time, as the country celebrated a 3 day labour holiday. We have managed to pick up every public holiday and celebration in every city along the way, it's great to see but transport and some tourist spots are not always open.

Hanoi closed off the main road around the lake in the heart of town to only walking. Night time was when it went off, tug of war, dancing over the bamboo sticks, giant rope skipping, karaoke just to name a few things, totally interactive of which Colin and Mali joined in with everyone.

Went to see the traditional water puppets show that were magical and soaked up the energy and excitement of the city.

Mali became obsessed with a game that everyone was playing. Consisting of two weighted bottle tops attached to a feather. With a group of people standing in a circle and they would kick it to each other, keeping it off the ground. Mali joined any group willing to take a seven year old novice in.

He ended up buying one with his own money. We advised him to look sad, and not to be to eager, so we could get a good price. So, he did, he had those 'puppy dog eyes', and has used them every time since. Worked a dream, the boy is learning so much! Next stop China.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0156s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb