Hanoi 22/1-24/1 - 13


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
January 24th 2013
Published: May 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I was in Hanoi twice, first time was with Bo. We saw all of the sights, that I wanted to see in a day, Hanoi isn't that big, or all of the sights, I wanted to see, was in - or close to - "the old quarter". Among other thingss, we saw the "Temple of litterature", "Saint Josephs Cathedral", the "Ho Chi Minh Museum", which is filled up with a lot of propaganda and I actually found it a bit funny, but interesting none the less to see, the Vietnamese interpretation of the war. Besides that we saw his mausoleum, "Hoan Kiem - Sword lake", the "Turthe tower" a small tower in the middle of "Sword lake". We also saw some pagodas: "Ngoc Son" on a island in "Sword lake", where there is a stuffed turtle, which they claimed used to live in the lake, we also saw "Tran Quoc" and "One pillar Pagoda", which was way smaller, than I expected it to be. The old quarter was of cause also on my list, and it was almost impossible not to check that out, since we stayed in it and almost every sight was in there as well. The next day we walked a bit around in the city and relaxed until we had to take a train to Sapa.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb