The Slut, the Ape, the Spaniard and the Friendly Giant go to the Water Park OR "Hanoi"


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
July 20th 2009
Published: July 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

4 Nights in the capitol of Vietnam and Stefan and I are basically celebrities.....or circus freaks?

Yesterday while walking down the street a feel a tug on my arm.....the next thing I know I'm getting my picture taken with a giggling Vietnamese teenager who finds it hysterical that she comes up my armpit. For some reason it didn't occur to us that if we went to the water park we would be the only westerners there (and noone told me Vietnamese don't wear bikinis) Stefan was basically mobbed by people who wanted pictures with him. At least the water was cool and the slides were fun.

Hanoi is really nice- and we have stumled upon the worlds cheapest beer, bia hoi. (Just look away when they wash the glasses out in a giant plastic tub of questionable water and refill them...they do the same thing at lots of bars in New York) My butt is permanently numb from sitting on these ridiculous pastic stools that are about six inches off the ground, but for 3000 dong -basically 15 cents a beer- you can't really complain.


We managed to also catch a glimpse of Ho Chi Minh inside his Mausoleum....some people think they've replaced his actualy corpse with a wax figure but it's pretty impossible to tell. A visit to the Hoa Loa Prison where John Mccain was a POW and a traditional water puppet show rounded out our cultural exploits so far- just one 11 hour bus ride to Hue to go and I'm 4 days closer to the beach!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

CheersCheers
Cheers

Stefan and Guille partaking in the Bai Hoi.
And they even have hookah...And they even have hookah...
And they even have hookah...

Leigh Stefan and Guille
Past our curfew...Past our curfew...
Past our curfew...

It was only midnight, but the hotel was closed.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb