Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
April 3rd 2008
Published: April 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We leave the sanctuary of our hotel and hit the street to be greeted by touts - you want bike - very cheap - one hour. It just does not stop. You want book? It just goes on and on and on. Opium, Marjihuana, Heroin, you want girl, you want boy.

Today we head out and continue to explore the old quarter. More streets and lanes all with their own character.

We just wandered today finally buying Silk shirts at the exorbitant cost of $6.00 this town is really amazing but the bartering is hard. Prices to the tourists are inflated beyond belief. The only place where we have not found this has been the DVD stores and the Silk shop we went to.

One of the great things to see in this town is the home of Water Puppetry. About 1:15 minutes of entertainment for the princely sum of 40,000 dong ($2.50). Dragons with fireworks and a chorus line to be seen. All controlled by people behind screens with all the controls under water and out of sight.

After the show time for some dinner, again at a market stall - very good!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Chorus Line at Water PuppetsChorus Line at Water Puppets
Chorus Line at Water Puppets

20 Puppets performing at the same time - very clever


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb