Hanoi and Ha Long Bay


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
April 6th 2008
Published: April 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Hanoi on Wednesday and had the shock of our lives when we saw the traffic, after some pondering how this chaotic system works we reckon the vietnamese people just drive and toot their horns if you are in their way, they do not stop for anything and they just weave around you, crossing the road can be at the very least daunting.

Hanoi is a very busy city, its not built up in a modern sense with high rise buildings but everything is squished together.

We went for a very long walk to look at all the sights but we only made it to one - The Temple of Literature, this is mainly because the city is very confusing and our map reading skills are apparently non existent, well we were on the right roads just walking in the wrong direction.

On Friday we went for an over night boat trip to Ha Long Bay, which has these enourmous lime stone casts thoughout the waters. We did a spot of kayaking and I made Dad do all the paddling (he he). When we returned the boat had started to leave without us so we had to jump across about 5 boats to get ours, this was quite fun and we didn't go for an unexpected swim which was fortunate!!

We leave Hanoi today for Hue on the overnight train.

Ps you can see all our photos on my facebook page, if you are not already one of my friends you will have to send me a request to view them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



6th April 2008

AMAZING!!!!
looks absolutley amazing emma! i wish i was there!!! i no i said that for everything but u no!!! love u -facebook 2nite i think!!! xxxx

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb