First Evening in Ha-Noi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
January 9th 2008
Published: January 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello All,

Arrived to Ha-Noi from Bangkok through air asia at around 8 p.m.

2 weeks before we received our visa using Vietname Stay service and this service costed me 20$.

But I had a much bigger problem - my wife's passport was NOT the correct one. We applied for a visa using her old passport by mistake and tried to enter this country with the new passport holding the old one in our pockets. We were very terrified because we read on the internet that they lengthen the process playing with the tourists on the Ha-noi port. They asked for our application and took our passports, checked, and checked... passport was passing 4 hands before it came back and much to our suprise - everything was approved.

On the exit from the airport we were greeted by the taxi drivers... 12$ is the price from the air port to the city center. There was no need to negotiate.

We went straight to the win hotel . That was the only hotel that we registered upfront. For 28$ we got a nice room, with hot water and comfortable bed.

It was late already and we went out to eat. It was 11 p.m. already and restaurants were closing much to our suprise. We ate at a restaurant/bar two houses left to the win Hotel - the one with dim red light... The woman running this business is a stunning 51 years old woman (Thought she was 30ish) that told us her way to independency. We paid 15$ and went back to sleep our first night in Ha-Noi.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb