Oops!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
October 9th 2005
Published: October 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

China BeachChina BeachChina Beach

This isn't a great photo as it doesn't really show how beautiful the beach is, or how long (30KM!) but it's the only one we have so it'll have to do!
Here's another quick update whilst we we have some time in Vietnam's capital, Hanoi.

3rd Oct - China Beach

After our exertions in Hoi An we took a half hour journey up the coast to visit China beach, just outside of Danang, for some quiet time. China Beach is really lovely and was practically deserted! We spent a day chilling out and getting burnt - I really need to remember that just because I have been away for 2 months does not mean I can lie in the midday sun without suncream!!

We also spent a couple of hours exploring the Marble Mountains which are well worth a visit. It's a fairly easy stroll around and you see lots of different caves, pagodas and Buddas and some great views out to sea. We even made friends with a lovely, black-toothed, old lady who showed us an almost hidden cave with an unusual lying down Budda! At the base of the mountain are a number of marble shops where you can get almost anything made out of marble from chess sets to jewellery, all kinds of different animals and, of course, Buddas. The sellers are quite insistent and one such lady decided that I needed a marble bracelet and so forced one onto my wrist almost breaking my hand in the process! (I have the bruises to prove it!) Fortunately I did like it so bought it after managing to get a dollar knocked off the price and I haven't taken it off since. Though this is mostly because I can't.

We stayed a night at the famous "Hoa's Place" which was good fun and we got some valuable travel tips from the other guests over a few beers and a "Vietnamese family style" dinner. Whilst we were here we absent mindedly totted up how long we had been in Vietnam only to realise that it was almost a month and our visas were about to run out! Oops! A quick trip into the city of Danang only accomplished us being told it would be $35 dollars to get a visa there (how much!?!) and that it would take 4 days. Not wanting to hang around in Danang for that long we hot-footed it to Hanoi (by train!) where we can get our visa for $23 and spend a few days exploring. Roughly translated, this means spend a few days shopping and we've already been caught up again only this time it is cheap CD's and DVD's!

Next on our list is to take a trip out to Halong bay, which everyone we have met has raved about so I'll let you know how that goes. For now though, the shops are calling me!!

xxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Another pagoda on Marble MountainAnother pagoda on Marble Mountain
Another pagoda on Marble Mountain

This is my favourite pagoda of the trip so far!
Hanoi at NightHanoi at Night
Hanoi at Night

It's come out a little dark but this is Hanoi, very busy at any time of day!


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb