Lost Blogs!!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
July 25th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear All,



Sorry for our lack of communication of late - we have been so busy speeding around Vietnam, we've hardly been on the net. When we did use the net, we found that travelblog.org had been down for five days with some sort of virus. This caused havoc and of the 80 blogs we had before the site went down, only 25 remained! Needless to say we were absolutely gutted! All those memories lost! Luckily we have been able to salvage a lot of the information using old google "cache files" (basically backups - I think!). Anyway - the point is, we have managed to restore 70 blogs, but are missing text for 10 more. Most notably is all of our writing for the Inca Trail (most photos for all the blogs were not affected, but anyway we have backups of them!).



The reason we are sending this mass email, is there is a way you may be able to help us recover the lost text. Whenever you have logged onto our blog the information you have viewed is stored in your computers "cache files". This information may have been deleted from your computer by now, but it also may still be sitting there! All you have to do is the following:



Open up "My Computer" and go to:



C:Documents and Settings"USERNAME"Local SettingsTemporary Internet Files



(Replace username with your own computers)


Windows will show the address of the pages - the original address - so look for the travelblog.org ones. Next just attach ALL the files to an email and send it to us.



From here it is simply a case of looking for those that we have lost. Even if we don't get a chance to look through the emails until we get back in a few weeks, emailing as soon as possible will be very helpful, as the files may have been deleted from your computer by the time we return home!



I hope this isn't too complicated (please send us an email if you have any problems)... We are just desperate to get all the blogs restored as they mean so much to us - so many memories!!



Thank you very much for the effort - we really appreciate it!



On a more positive note, there will soon be a wad of backdated blogs being published, so if you haven't grown tired of us yet you can read of our adventures through Viet Nam!



Take care,



Love Dom and Bex



Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 21; qc: 93; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb