prismatic colors


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
March 25th 2007
Published: March 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Beer aHoiBeer aHoiBeer aHoi

uncle ho would have been proud
its been a pandemonium of a week thereabouts in hanoi; residing in the labyrinthine and most asphyxiating streets on the old quarter, but finding reprieve in the grand hoan kiem lake just outside, that landmark very much the heart of the city. its been rather captivating, and im besotted at how finally for over a month i finally lay eyes on a milieu and climate that most resembles avant-garde and contemporary; while not abdicating its history and proud past. while not yet in the dizzying heights of singapore and bkk, the quantum leaps this city takes doesnt look like slowing up just yet. it is a place that stimulates and heightens the senses at the same time. well one facet that incurs my ire is the most practise of multi-tiered pricing, which is rather repugnant considering im an advocate of going the local way of doing things.

on to a more blithe octave, the weather here is an invigorating 15-16 degs! haha we have it good. and when it rains we get that smoke thing coming out of out mouths. haha its a big fashion parade here; the locals flaunt and trot the streets with their winter wear; while
organized messorganized messorganized mess

one of many claustrophobic streets in the old quarter. compounded by the throngs of motos
we goons make do with berms and tshirts and slippers. that day at lenin park i sighted an assemblage of kids at soccer! who in the right mind would possibly pass up right?! so yet again, the rest is history. we had a ball, against a lenin statued-backdrop.

figured we'd possibly bid hanoi soon, given we're working within the parameters of a deadline now 'cos terence has got his internship and andy's got work. its off to laos next, i hear its a massive 22 hr bus ride. that's mighty nasty! haha and we thought we braved more perilous ordeals on our way here frm hoi an which was 19 hrs long. haha i dont even suppose it takes all that long to fly frm sg to USofA, and you can prolly even afford a transit in btw! should be home soon enough anyhows, early-mid apr la. after laos its bkk to fly home. chowww. be safe and be good back home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

old schoolold school
old school

oh! this is the cinema we were at in hoi an. primitive typified!
electricityscapeelectricityscape
electricityscape

rens and andy's canoe at halong bay. beholding the sunset
having a ballhaving a ball
having a ball

my soccer playing friends at the park. with lenin standing resolute from afar.


29th March 2007

picnic
farewell potluck picnic @ botanics this sat 4pm! your biggest fan will be there, dixie chicks!
31st March 2007

pot luck. dover park view part 2
haha yet again?! sial la im still not back; otherwise i sure bring some sticky rice and sam song for you man. no farang fare haha. enough of the dixie chicks man im not ready to make nice hahaha! but what a stellar idea la botanics. rmbr to play soccer there too; think smelcolm'd be there. bon voyage for china man. cya back home in approx 2 mths la. hopefully the white horse still exists!
31st March 2007

speaking about white horse.. alex brought back a pack for me. he passed it to ryan hoping he'll pass it to me. when i asked ryan for the pack, he said he finished it... let's hope i dont suffer the same fate twice..

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb