Day 25 - free day in Cat Ba Island


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hai Phong » Cat Ba Island
August 15th 2012
Published: August 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 25 -Free day in Cat Ba
A good nights sleep, followed by an early breakfast. Bread and jam, quite enjoyed it, but could have eaten the same again! Today we have decided to go up to a view point. Maybe this is the one where I will get the photo that will sit next to the one from Ko Phi Phi on my dining room wall!n we opted to get the bus up, then walk down. This was a very good decision.

In the group was Britty, Nadia, Matt, Rachel, Roisin, Thanh, Son and me. The views were as described....amazing! It was so hot at the top, but this was also because by the time we had looked around it was about noon. The main reason for going to the viewpoint was the The Cannon fort , at the height of 177m from the sea, on Catba island – an evidence of the fierce wars against French & American. By going there we saw evidence of the history of Vietnamese nation. We saw Cannon no 1 and 2, historical objects showroom, on standby bunker inside rock mountain, ammunition depot. Inside one of the bunkers were some hammocks that me and Britty tried out for size! There were various tunnels and trenches still complete. But it was the views, which were sign posted as the various observation points, that were phenomenal! The walk down was a long hard slog, but the visit was worth it!



We got back in time for lunch, but sadly, that wasn't worth it for me today. I think it was only me that wasn't enjoying it. The food is ok, but think I am just fed up of eating the same food every meal.



This afternoon was a designated beach afternoon. When we were at the high view point earlier, we saw beach number 2; It looked desolate and remote, so we headed for there. It was not a disappointment. It was simply beautiful! The sea was very welcoming, and also very warm, which was a bit weird. Cold sea on such a hot day would have been lovely, but given how beautiful it was, you certainly couldn't complain! It is great when you are all hot and sweaty, then plunge into the sea! We are all looking tanned now, some more than others. We are all really taking advantage of the sea, sand, scenery....and clearer air!

A quiet stroll and a pedicure to finish the day


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb