Sightseeing Sapa from the peak of Ham Rong mountain in the spring


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Sapa
April 7th 2014
Published: April 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

From this legendary mountain, visitors can watch Ta Phin valley, Muong Hoa valley under a layer of smog with the ranges of mountains in the distance.

On the road from Lao Cai city to Sapa, over the bridge “32”, far 6 kilometers from the “mountain city”, a majestic mountain appears in front of visitors. It is 1,800 m high peak of Ham Rong mountain compared to sea level with curved shapes "rong cuon ho ngoi" which is covered by natural smog.

The mountain is named Ham Rong due to the shape of a dragon as well as its tail towards to Sky Gate, bordering Hau Thao communes and Sa Pa, the head of this dragon is located in the center of Sapa town. If travellers take a closer look, they will see a huge "dragon teeth" towards to the southwest Hoang Lien Son mountains.





Visiting Sapa, tourists often spend half a day exploring this mountain. The long stone steps lead them into an airy space mountain with the singing of birds and the sound of wind. There are many beautiful swings along the way for tourists to take a rest. All types of orchid in the Garden are blooming together from the range of mountains – Hoang Lien Son.

In the top of Ham Rong mountain, travellers can visit ethnic cultural villages to enjoy the traditional dances of ethical minorities such as Mong, San Chai and Dao. Moreover, they are able to go through Sky Gate 1 and Sky Gate 2 with pristine cliffs, stand on the high cliffs, sightseeing surroundings and feel natural grandeur.

Do not forget some locations as watching huts, high cliffs which are solidly built in Ham Rong mountain. Thanks to them, overview of Sapa, Ta Phin valley, Muong Hoa valley are viewed under a layer of smog. Choosing a trip to conquer high mountains and sightseeing Sapa from a height of 1,800 meters will be a pleasant experience in the new spring days.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb