Treking day and late night squatting pratice


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Sapa
June 24th 2009
Published: July 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Trekking dayTrekking dayTrekking day

My rain jacket turned out to be not waterproof anymore :(
The breakfast at the mountain view was tiny 😞 not enough for me so I ordered and extra chocolate pancake which was great.

We set off on our light trek through the rice fields at 9:30. During our whole walk the Sapa sales crew followed us. Which at some points were helpful as the path was very muddy and slippery and some people struggled. No one fell over which was lucky. At 12:30 we stopped for lunch by this time I was very hungry. During the next section of our walk we had to cross a river. A few people fell in the river and got soaked!

At 3pm we arrived at the homestay which was a wooden structure with a nice veranda. The toilets were squatters which some people had never used before and there was only cold water showers . We were all sleeping together upstairs in one big room.

We had some yummy chips with garlic and a Tiger beer for 20,000 dong (about 80p). The dinner followed about an hour later it was huge with lots of lovely dishes.... one veg/beef/chicken/pork/spring rolls/tofu/rice all on one plate each. The meal was followed by a couple of shots of rice wine. Christoph from the group ended up having a whole bottle of the stuff and was completely drunk. We then played Daisy's french bottle top and card game which was fun.

We all got the giggles when we tried to show Emily the best squatting position for going to the loo in the eastern style toilets. It was really funny.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Muddy path with womanMuddy path with woman
Muddy path with woman

This was one of the sales woman who was tagged with me walking down the muddy path.
Much needed lunch breakMuch needed lunch break
Much needed lunch break

Next to lovely river
Rice wineRice wine
Rice wine

Local spirits


Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb