DMZ tour


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế
January 24th 2016
Published: January 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Early start as we had planned a tour with the stop and go tour office to take us around the dmz area and then onto the national park to our hotel!
Got picked up from our hotel by our driver mr hoy at 730!pouring with rain so we were glad we could just get into a car and be driven to the sites!on the way mr hoy told us some history about the dmz and also a funny story about how he met his wife (the man was a charmer-he even sung Bryan Adams at his wedding to his wife haha)
We watched a short film about the war and drove along the highway of horror were there was bombing for 82 days. We stopped at the long hung church which remained untouched through the fighting between the American and Vietnamese for the 82 days!
We picked up our veteran tour guide mr tam and he told us some history and how he was a teenager during the war!we crossed the hien luong bridge of dmz (bridge that separated north and south Vietnam) and went to the vinh mic tunnels (300 people lived in these tunnels during 1966 to 1971.)
We then got dropped off at the lake house hotel and had a warm greeting by the staff! As it was such a horrible day we couldn't really do a lot but met a couple from England and hung out with them for 9 hours which was fun! The hotel made us a cake for our honeymoon so everyone who was staying at the hotel all came and shared the cake with us and we had a nice gathering around a fire as it was so cold!great end to the day!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb