Hue


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hue is a beautiful coastal town (once a capital) in central Vietnam. Our hotel is a family run guesthouse with a spacious room and lovely rooftop views. Today it is finally raining after a week of steamy weather.

We checked in around lunchtime for a bit of aircon and much needed showers and toilet time, then we headed out for a wander and some late lunch. The pace in Hue is much calmer with many rickshaws and fewer busses or cars. It's breezier too, which is a welcome change.

For dinner Arnee was craving western food so we found an Italian restaurant. Agus was in foodie heaven with bruschetta (aka tomato toast), pizza, chips and passion fruit for dessert.

Today we decided to catch the rickshaw to the citadel. Nina and Elsie in one, daddy and Agus in the other. Our driver had very good English. We have noticed the level of English here is much better.

We started at the gate way of the Hue's Imperial Enclosure and made our way through the Thai Hoa Palace and thought the halls of the Mandarins to the Royal Theatre and on to the beautiful Co Ha gardens.

Next we wandered the tree lined streets passed the Emperors reading room and the different family residencies.

After all that walking we were getting pretty hungry and tired. So we hopped in a taxi for some Japanese for lunch. Again Agus was in heaven. Watching Chugginton on YouTube while chugging down three plates of sushi.

We walked back to our hotel to just beat the rain.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb