Super Typhoon....hits in an hour!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
November 10th 2013
Published: November 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well as you can imagine the last 24 hours have been all about typhoon Haiyan, aka the super typhoon! Our plan had been to try and travel to Hoi An this morning, and stay there for the next two days, however, with the storm due to hit Hoi An and then head north, we either had to travel through the storm, or stay in Hue and ride it out. In the end, the decision was made for us, we woke up this morning and the buses, flights and trains were all cancelled because it was too dangerous to travel, so we have booked another night at our hotel in Hue, and have settled in for the storm.

The hotel moved it's guests out of the rooms on the top floor last night. We are on the third floor and thankfully our hotel room is a bit like a bunker... there are no windows, except for this tiny rectangular one at the very top of the bathroom (more like an air vent than a window).

The typhoon is due to hit in an hour and the eye of the storm is suppose to be a little east of our location so hopefully we won't bear the full brunt of the storm, but we will have to wait and see. I will keep you updated as we go, and I will try to get some photos to upload... from our air vent lol.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb