Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
January 29th 2013
Published: January 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi again!

We are now about to leave beautiful Hue. We have been to the Imperial Palace- beautifully restored and even had a drink in the Queen Mother's pleasure garden! It was really hot and we thought yes- this is hot weather nowbut the next day was grey. You were right Em about those skies!! But great for walking so arranged a day city tour which visited 3 famous emperor tombs. The first very regal and all decorated in red and yellow with poems and paintings on the walls and pillars. Blog fact coming up- it was cleverly built and if you go to google earth ( Minh Mang tomb) you will see it is built in shape of a man!!!Next tomb was on 3 levels with loads of huge statues guarding it all in stone and 3rd was more open with lake and palace. They are all built to principles of Feng Shui - mountains on sides(one is tiger one dragon protection) river in front (to bring wealth) and sometimes they took 10 years to find right spot to build!!!!

Also watched great Kung Fu display with one man even leaning and bending a spear with his throat!!! Then watched incense sticks being made- very quick and clever rolled in glue and cinnamon. Dragon boat trip(boat has dragon head on prow and painted body) back down lovely Perfume River, although boat inside was very basic indeed!!

Next day had taxi to beautiful beach ane had long walk along sand with lovely waves splashing- very peaceful after hectic visit to a crazy market in the morning- all was piled so high you couldn't really see what they were actually selling- quite mad!!!

Have had gorgeous view of river from our hotel but now must go as have ordered dress from little shop which they made last night!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb