A-Huế we go!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
September 11th 2011
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So Mike and I are sitting in the lobby of our hotel in Huế for the last time, trying to kill an hour before we head off to catch our train.

There's not really much to say about today since we've only been awake for a few hours. We went to breakfast. I had an almost identical breakfast to yesterday. We watched TV in the room (Dog Whisperer: not my idea of fun) and packed up our stuff ready for our 12 o'clock check-out.

This was going fine (but not great; she misunderstood our room number and tried to give us 3 people's Japanese passports) until we asked the receptionist to call our next hotel to tell them that we'd be arriving at about 4am, so could they possibly have our room ready so that we could sleep on arrival.

The receptionist barely understood what we were asking her to ask, so of course I ended up on the phone to the guy, and I did manage to sort something out, whilst at the same time not really sorting it out. And then our receptionist struck out again for Vietnam, by trying to charge us for that call that she had just made! How dare she! I was livid. But evidently this was again just an example of the Vietnamese trying it on, because when she saw that there was absolutely no way I was going to pay, she backed down immediately. But, as anyone who read my last post will know, this behaviour has REALLY got my goat in the past few days.

Anyone who read my last post will also know that there is something funny going on; I'm writing 2 days in a row, and we have mysteriously got to Huế from Hoi An without mentioning the journey at all. Well, that is because Mike was despairing at having to write yesterday's entry, because yet again I was writing a post about almost a whole day of limbo, and he was going to have to write about our sightseeing. So we swapped. The blog about our bus ride to Huế is coming (maybe; Mike's writing it so it'll probably never see the light of day), and in the meantime I'm writing about 2 days on the trot to even things out, since Mike wrote our first ever post.

Things might get a bit sloppy from now on though - on the train and when we get to Hanoi, as our hotel doesn't have free wifi (we are both annoyed about this, as this is one of our most expensive hotels), so we don't know when we'll be able to blog, and we will probably have lots to write, since there will be lots to do and see in Hanoi. So don't despair if you don't hear from us in a while! We are probably still OK, just away from a computer!

This is us, possibly signing off for a little bit,
xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb