Goodbye vietnam...


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Nghe An » Vinh
October 13th 2008
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately we had to leave the nice hotel we'd been staying in and travel on to pastures new, we hopped onto yet another little bus and headed to Vinh for our final look at Vietnam, the journey was pretty standard-nothing too long or bumpy.
The usual sight of many people and many bags and boxes on the back of motorbikes, but a definate lull in the constant beeping horns and manic traffic systems. My most random sight was definately a man on a bicycle with a cow on a rope in front of him-talk about taking the dog for a walk!!

We had a precarious stop at the worst squat toilets in vietnam i am sure but braved that experience complete with guards outside due to the door-less nature of the toilets!

Eventually we reached our hotel-the Green Hotel..named so because it is just literally tropical green coloured ALL over it!! Fairly decent rooms but not much time for Matt to read Harry Potter (he mocked my love and now he's hooked!!) before we headed out for a bite to eat.

On our return from dinner we decided to brave the darkness of the swimming pool... perhaps a slight mistake without the sunshine to warm it up beforehand but refreshing to say the least!! early night was definately called for in preparation for our 6:30am start to the border, but not before Matt had an interesting chat with the writer of South Korea's lonely planet guide.. a random encounter to say the least!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb