Mekong Delta Cruise and markets


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta
April 5th 2010
Published: April 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

HELLO!!! Jordyn and Steph here =]. Had a few very busy days so the blogs running a bit late. On Saturday 3rd April we had the most amazing cruise along the Delta River in Saigon. We stopped at the place where they make coconut candy and spent about a billion dong all up on it. And tried some scorpion and snake juice...We all got to hold a giant Pithon, and Mrs Sproat was screaming. We heard some amazing Vietnamese singers and ate some native fruit. Tried some coconut water straight from the coconut. And that night carried on trying some intersesting Vietnamese food. That night we went to a traditional wedding reception which was a really great experience. We heard some really talented musicians and then had a great dinner there.
The next day we were all able to go and try our bargaining skills at the markets. People tried to grab hold of us on occasions and pull us to there stalls, but everyone managed to survive. Quite a major amount of money was spent there and everyone got some really awesome stuff. The people who had ordered dresses the night before finally managed to grab hold of there clothing at about 11pm. But it was worth it because they were gorgeous peices of clothing.
We are all missing you HEAPS!!!!! cYA SOON 😉

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb