A little peace of paradise


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta » Kien Giang » Phu Quoc Island
November 25th 2006
Published: November 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our last few days have been very busy. In Saigon we decided to visit the zoo and ended feeling like we were the main attraction. Never have felt so unwelcome before, usually everyone over here is so friendly but I guess when it comes to their animals westerners aren’t meant to be there. We were also quite shocked by the way they treated their animals, by the alligator cage they had a basket of rocks so I’m thinking your meant to throw one in to make them move but ooo no these people were taking handfuls and throwing them as hard as they could and right into there faces. The poor things. As well with the lions they were poking them in the face with a stick and throwing things at him. We decided to leave after this. This is when we were faced with our first rain fall since being here. But luckily we were on our way to the war museum and were able to get cover fast. The war museum was interesting. It had many pictures of all sorts of things that happened. As well out front they had some of the planes that were used. But with Laurelyn not feeling so well it was back to the hotel with some take out pizza and some relaxing. The next morning we awoke and were full of energy and headed to the cu chi tunnels. We couldn’t believe how small these just were but thought lefts be brave and go into them so with Scott crawling his way as he couldn’t stand or really even crouch. We found it very claustaphobic as they shoved 40 of us in at one time so there was no going back only forwards. They also had a shooting range there but we decided to wait until Cambodia for that. After returning from there it was out for some dinner and drinks with some more people that we had met along the way. The next morning we were happy to be leaving Saigon and on our way to the Mekong Delta for a two day tour. Both days were very busy and just felt maybe a little to rushed for our liking. But some of things we did were going to a coconut candy factory as well as a noodle factory, holding a snake, rowing in boats, and going to a floating market. The real highlight of trip came though in a few days when we reached Phu Quoc Island. It really is a little peace of heaven. Everyone here is just so peaceful and relaxed. There is no stress at all. So yesterday consisted of us lying on the beach and then deciding that it was to hot and hoping into the ocean to cool down for a bit. But really the ocean feels like a warm bath. Then when we had enough of the beach it was back to our bungalow to lie in the hammocks and watch the sunset over the ocean. Today we thought we would be more adventures and rent some bicycles to ride to city but after 5 minutes one of the chains on the bikes broke and we had to walk back where we then switched over to a motorbike. Laurelyn was a bit scared at first but is now finally relaxing into it. Well we are off again to head back to the resort and perhaps get a massage for $2. Were sorry about not having any new pictures but none of these computers seem to have the proper outlets for it, but don’t worry we have over 200 pictures already. Well take care everyone and we will try to write again soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb