Final day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 21st 2015
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Tuk TukTuk TukTuk Tuk

The obligatory ride. He tried to charge us twice what the taxi cost for half the distance, but it was fun and the breeze kept the exhaust fumes at bay.
Geo: 13.7435, 100.529

Our flight leaves at midnight and we have the room booked until tomorrow.

After a late breakfast when we said goodbye to Tony and Helen, I went back to the room while Robyn went shopping/browsing. We went out in the afternoon, had lunch and a short browse and then rested and readied ourselves for the 8:30pm pick-up for our flight. Our driver was early and the traffic was relatively light so we got to the airport before 9pm.

Suvarnabhumi Airport was very busy and we took a long time to check-in and clear immigration. It is fairly new and HUGE, but very utilitarian: not at all like Changi. I had a strong, 45min upper body massage and Robyn a reflexology/foot massage while waiting to board. Both very good and a useful preparation for a long flight.

TG473 to Brisbane, flight time 8hr 20min. A Boeing 777-200ER with 292 seats, 3x3x3. We are in a middle row, with no spare seat this time. Left 20min late but we are due to arrive 20min ahead of schedule, at 11:45am on Sun 22 Mar.

We are already anticipating our next trip in a month's time - a Coral Princess cruise from Darwin to Broome and then
Sky TrainSky TrainSky Train

They are trying to overcome their diabolical traffic congestion. The sky train goes all the way to the airport (cost 45 baht one way) and they have extensive pedestrian bridges underneath the two train levels (of two tracks each).
a few days in Perth. We haven't checked our body weights but I'm sure we'll need to manage what we consume and get in some serious exercise in the coming weeks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

CBD intersectionCBD intersection
CBD intersection

Ugly as hell, but pragmatic.
Aspinal RestaurantAspinal Restaurant
Aspinal Restaurant

In the upmarket Central World Plaza this Aspinal Restaurant, which is one of a chain, was recommended to us by a friend. The food, surroundings and service were great but the price was similar to what you'd expect to pay in Oz. Generally we found the shopping prices to be attractive, but not that much less than home. Therefore not too much impulse buying, but if you wanted something (e.g. seasons of TV dramas on DVD, or a particular watch) the price was right.


24th March 2015

The tuk tuks are fine if you can stand to breath in the air and fumes - only for very short trips.
25th March 2015

I dont know, i think Robyn looks gorgeous! Oh, you mean the concrete ribbons, yeh agreed

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb