Royal expeditions in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 29th 2016
Published: November 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

This afternoon visited a new museum, the royal barges museum. On trip advisor the comments suggest it is difficult to find from the ferry terminal 12. I had an idea of the general direction and I found the sign posting quite easy to follow. It is an interesting walk through a residential area criss crossed by canals. Lots of the houses had pot plants outside which were well tended. Motorbikes rather than are the mode of transport. The little stores were selling strange bits and pieces,including what looked like dried meat. The barges museum is not large. Most are reconstructions in the late 20th century based on earlier designs. The barges are still used today for royal ceremonies. The morning was a repeat visit to the grand palace. It was more crowded than usual and security was tight because of the recent death of the King. Many people were were queuing to pay their respect. This evening was dinner at Hemlock just opposite the Riva Surya Hotel. The fish green cury was excellent. This restaurant was mentioned in the footprint guide and I approve their suggestion.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb