Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
July 13th 2014
Published: July 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It's probably embarrassing to admit that the highlight of our first five days has been finding recliners in Qatar airport after being moved from emergency exit seats on the flight (crushing). But Bangkok has been great thanks to the generosity of Roxanne's family who took us out for dinner and the condo they've lent us is amazing. We had a lazy first day by the ROOFTOP POOL with shopping. As expected we went to Kaosan road to purchase our gap yah trousers and and were in a McDonald's within 48hrs of leaving the UK to steal their wifi.
The next day we were kidnapped by tuk tuk drivers who took us to multiple tailors in exchange for a free ride around temples. In retrospect a ratio of five shops to two temples seems a little unbalanced.... But at least we got a bit of volunteering in as we went to enough shops to pay a tuk tuks son through college. So exhausted after all this do-gooding that we had to hunt out the nearest western restaurant and treated ourselves to a little congratulatory burger and curly fries.
Today roxanne headed to Ayutthaya to see her granny and the rest of us ventured without our Thairish guide into the Bangkok public transport system to the grand palace which was beautiful. Currently in the throes of a thunder storm/monsoon we don't yet know our plans for the evening..
Tomorrow morning we're getting the bus to Siem Reap in Cambodia
Susan xxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb