Hey mate your a fooking dickhead- Thailand,Bangkok,Koh Samui and Koh Pangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
August 29th 2013
Published: August 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

The title of our blog was chosen by Danny , it will make sense as you read on.

So our journey begin' s...... Exeter to Heathrow, Heathrow to Dehli then Dehli to Bangkok our final destination. Total travel just our 24 hours!!!!

We board our flight at Heathrow on a Jet Airway plane, a little concerning as no one we know has ever heard of the air line. We get more leg room straight away as Danny being the big boy he is.Nice one we're seated next to the emergency exit,so much leg room we could sleep on the floor. Flight great, good food plenty of games and film's. Olympus has fallen a must watch, superb film. 8 hrs of being up in the air then we're ready to land in where I have been dreading Dehli..... India.

Off the plane straight to the gate where we need to be for our next flight. Dehli airport to my surprise very nice and extremely clean. What they still have are those disgusting smoking glass rooms, haven't seen one of those in years. So here we are at the gate and there calling last boarding for this gate. I look up at the time and it's

the time our flight is to Bangkok, but no air line is displayed. I look to Danny and say I'm sure this is our plane, nah it's not Danny's replied. The more they called last boarding for flight number , the more I was becoming nervous. At this point I approached the staff at the gate,explained where we were going. Yes this is your flight, quickly quickly the staff replied. Thank God a woman's intuition is never wrong!!!! So we go through checks , whaaaaat Danny's tag on his bag was never stamped. So he is ordered to go back to customs. Danny looks to me says just stay here. I wait patiently for his return, I'm not sure how long he was gone but it felt like forever. The security guard must of seen the sheer panic on my face as he reached out to me and said. Lady it will be ok the plane not leave until your man return. Pheew!!!! Danny is back we board the bus to the plane, then we're back on the plane. Several hours back in the air then we're ready to land in Bangkok, off the plane luggage collection then taxi to hotel. We choose to get limo service £25 which is well expensive, welcome to Bangkok be prepared to get ripped off. Drive to our Hotel King Royal Garden, pictures on the net must have been taken 20 plus yrs ago when they built the place. Arrive speak to receptionist who says we're early u pay extra to check in now 200 baht about 4 English pounds. She then hands us our breakfast tokens for the next few days. I say what about today no not for today, I reply we have been travelling for our 24 hours. By this point we are both cheeses off, I look at Danny and say it's ok we go elsewhere. No she replied u stay here long time u can have breakfast ticket . The cheek of it!!! Then a long pause but u not have ticket last day. By this point I wanted to throw my backpack at the cheeky cow. I bit my tongue took the key, smiled and said thank you.

Get in the lift up to the room I have this very erey feeling about the hotel. If you have ever watched the horror film's hostel, well that's what I felt like we were walking into. We open the door and our room is lovely. But........ there's this old looking fridge , which I open with caution semi expecting to find a head inside. Then there's the bathroom in which the shower curtain is across, now I'm expecting a dead body to greet me once I pull back the curtain. Honestly these are true feelings, in all my time's visiting Thailand one has not experienced these emotions of fear.

We get our swim gear on then head to the rooftop pool, grab some sunloungers. In which Danny begins wrestling one into the position he wants to lay. What's that I hear? SNAP!!!!! He's only gone and broken it.

Later that evening we get our gym clothes on and head up to the gym. From the pic's on the internet it looked pretty up to date................... ok so first impressions weren't overly impressed but hey if it works it works right?............. Wrong Danny steps onto the treadmill and almost breaks his neck. Danny yelps I look over and he is preventing himself from falling into a heap. So we work our way round the cardio equip all but one bike is working. So the next few days would see my variety of fitness come in to place. I planned out a different circuit programs each morning. Danny would time me for a minute then vice versa. So we were working a min on a min rest. Boy did we sweat!!! From this time onwards I never seen anyone use that gym. Can't hardly blame Em. Lol.

Had an email from a friend back home saying his Dad was in Thailand and would like to meet up. So later that day John arrived, and would explain some useful and cheap ways to travel.

BTS - Bangkok's sky train, most expensive journey 42 baht (£1) If anyone reading this is staying near the bts defo use it!

Later that evening we caught the bts and went for a drink with John down at Na na plaza. Open Danny's eye's up a bit. As we got off the Bts strolled down towards Na na plaza, the roads were packed with stalls. Selling vibrators, vallium and porn etc..........We had a drink in a bar with John then off we set for the square, the square consists of 3 floors of bars with ladyboys, ladies and shows. The good old ping pong shows!!!! There were actually more ladyboys than ladies, can spot them a mile away. Me and Danny left John and decided to go and find a nightclub, which When we arrived there was a Thai band preforming covers of English songs. The club was called Elements, pretty big place. We bobbed away , then all of a sudden boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Only a bit of banging house, now things were going to get silly. Not sure what time we crawled in? But I remember Danny coming out of seven eleven with cheese and ham toasties. Anyone's would of thought he had handed me a diamond ring, I was so chuffed. Cheese and ham toastie' s are a must from seven eleven 25 baht and amazing.

Next morning Danny wakes and say' s your a dirty bastard. It's a very common saying we both have with each other. I said how come? He replied we smoked a fag and drank tequila last night. Jesus my response was we must of been bad. I hate the stuff with a passion!!!!! So we began our pday hungover preatty badly, but it was so worth it. We both had a great night. Later that day we went off to book a tour, I would not recommend booking tours from Bangkok as they are so much more expensive and not great value. Our tour we booked was Tiger Temple, Elephant trekking, the River Kwai. I particularly wanted to visit the River kwai as it was Granddad' s favourite film.

So the next morning were up to be collected at 6am, however the driver arrives at 6:45am then we go off collecting everyone else. A very arrogant Aussie lady who was basically calling all Indonesians terrorists a guy called Jared from Czech who spent alot of his time defending the Indonesians. Oh and a group of Aussie men most with Thai ladies. Our driver was driving pretty fast and decided to do a you turn in the main road. One of the Aussie men shouted at him "hey mate your a fucking dickhead" He was a dick the Aussie guy, he to was rude and arrogant. However we did chuckle to one another as what he said sounded funny to us in his accent. We were dropped off ready to board other buses as we all had different tours booked, thankfully!!!

River Kwai-Amazing!!! You get quite a while here to look around at an incredible museum. Very said knowing the history and what these people suffered.

Tiger temple-I couldn't help but feel sorry for the tigers, we had heard rumours that the tigers were drugged. Which I can kinda believe as there were so many people going in to the open enclosure. The guides said the tigers were tame because they had been brought up by monks and not fed meat. The tigers just sat sleeping most of the time, I was also disappointed as it said on the leaflet there were over 90 Tigers there and there was not. It's very hot walking around and quite a walk in the heat to I'd recommend going very early morning.

Elephant Trekking - not to sure where abouts we were a few hours from Bangkok, we defiantly would not recommend this trip well here anyway. The elephants looked sad and withered , plus you only get 20 mins if that trekking. We have been advised by others to go to Chiang mai where you get the whole day with the elephants and they are treated well. We did go for a trek in which the guide had to jump down and collect my camera, that I had dropped whilst trying to take a picture on top of the elephant. Haha we brought lots of bananas and fed them afterwards which was lovely.

We we for lunch which was great, Sat at a river restaurant. Then afterwards we boarded a bamboo raft in which we all held on , whilst being pulled along by a boat. This was fun!!! We got back on the bus and we're dropped off at a waterfall, this was beautiful. But we only had 15 mins there , which was gutting as so many people were swimming in there. We just about had enough time to walk up there and back to the bus.

However the web trip was very rushed!!

The next day we were off to Koh Samui , an over night bus ride followed by a small boat journey. We caught the bus at 7pm and we're dropped off near the ferry port at 5am our boat was not until 10:30am we tried to go back to sleep on our luggage. A bus arrived a few hours later to take us to our boat. Our boat got in at 1pm then a tuk tuk to where we were staying. Our reservation was in Mae Nam at a place called coco hut bungalows, took us quite a while to find it as I read the road sign wrong. Me and Danny walked so far in the heat we needed to stop to rehydrate. We finally found it and we're greeted by a very sweet old man who kept laughing. Our room was pretty big and nice. Mae man beach is pretty and very big, with hardly any tourists there which was bliss. The place was so quiet, people tend to go to the more lively part like chewang and lamai. We had two nights at coco bungalows booked and in those two nights Danny would discover I'm not a bad pool player haha. We spent our days there on the beach and . Playing pool in the evenings. We went to one bar which an English owned and he sent over some of his yummy pizza, me and Danny were stuffed from our tea but we still managed to scoff it down. Hey were back packers gotta take a freebie when you can. Lol

Our next home for a while was lamai beach where we stayed at New hut bungalows. Lovely hut on the beach just two mattresses inside and we had communial showers which were always very clean. Our days were spent getting up very early to go for a run on the beach, shower, breakfast then time to sunbathe. We discovered there was a Tesco' s so we made a few hikes up there until we realised some stuff was more expensive than the u.k. We needed some shampoo and the cheapest was johnsons baby shampoo the bottle was so small to for like £1:50 my hair was no longer going to feel nourished, but I would be able to get a brush through my hair now. As someone's hair has been matted most day's not sure what I'm up to when I'm asleep? Lol We also purchased a ball to keep Danny entertained, we played volly ball, catching games, fetching games oh and of course some football.

Whilst on the island one the tourist attractions was golf football. Yes that's right a golf course that you play with football's, same principles as golf you have so many touches to get it in to the hole. Neither of us got a hole in one, it's clear to say this game proved to be pretty frustrating. The highest score from the u.k was 52 Danny finished on 92 and mine was 99 so not far behind the Willand wombat haha. Once we had finished we stood chatting to the owner who is scouse, he told us how he went travelling a few years ago. Him and his friends ended up in Japan for the world cup, he told us they slept rough as they ran out of money. A Japanese businessman asked where he was from he said England David Beckham and gave him money to get a bed for the night.It was a nice story lol the Golf football cost 700 baht each. Once we had finished we made our way to the near by beach which is called Choeng. This beach was beautiful very small with water that is suitable to swim in and not many tourists. A Thai guy with a monkey approached us 100 baht to have our picture taken with him, so we did. I was surprised how nice the little monkey was . I stupidly asked the guy what the monkeys favourite food is.....of course the reply I got was bananas. DUH!!!!! We made our way back that night to discover what would become my favourite restaurant, just a few shops up from our hut. Whilst on the island we took the time to chill out, get up early for our morning runs, sunbathe and entertain each other with a variety of games we had. Uno was played a lot! Whilst running one morning I discovered the reggae bar were advertising free sunloungers and WiFi great!!! No guessing where the rest of our hols on Lamai we're spent. Reggae bar was great, booming out music all day long and night Times there would be various bits of entertainment. We watched the fire show one night, I liked it when they started spinning fireworks that looked pretty cool.

Koh Pangan

We were greeted by lots of tuk tuk drivers as normal after getting off the boat, we climbed a pin a tuk tuk chucked our luggage on top which did not look safe. Not a lot keeping the luggage secure up there and as normal lots of tourists rammed in. We drove around various roads until we came to a very and I mean very steep hill, one would struggle to walk up it. I looked at Danny and the group of Isralian girls who were still on board and said " you've got to be fucking kidding me? He's not going to drive up there surely? As you have probably guessed he did, and if someone could have taken a picture of us all holding on for dear life whilst absolutely crapping our pants the picture would of been priceless. However I was no way going to volunteer as if u let go you would of been flung out of the bank of the tuk tuk truck. The driver stopped at what appeared to be derelict jungle looking landscape,and pointed at us you two this is Venus resort. As we climbed out the Isralian girls shouted good luck their faces with expressions of sheer concern for our welfare. We grabbed our bags which to my surprise had stayed on the roof of the tuk tuk truck, and began walking up another small hill. There it was Venus Resort, this would be our home for the next 5 nights or 12 I'l get to that story later. Lol. We chucked our bags in to our room which was basic but enough a bed, clothes horse, dressing table and chest of drawers we would share a communal bathroom here. Got our beach stuff then headed for the beach which was a minute walk down a dirt track , ideal we were right in Haad Rin but because our resort was high up we were out of the way to. Off we went exploring, the beach was pretty nice white sand clear waters. So many shops selling vests one that amused me and Danny was a vest that said drugs saved my life. We found a street restaurant which was very cheap and ate there, this would soon become one of our locals.Later that evening we decided to have an early night ready to get up early the next day. So our mornings began with a run each day followed by breakfast and hitting the beach. The only problem with Haad Rin beach is the water is so shallow, you have to swim out for ages if you want some swimmable water. We agreed we would go out tonight down to the beach and check out the nightlife, as Danny had read the partying before the full moon is just as good. We drank a bottle of vodka with Lipo to save pennies then headed down to the beach. Danny was right the beach was pretty booming, didn't take long before I was up on the tables. Haha we went over to buy a bucket, which is a child's sand castle bucket which they fill with whatever you want. Danny and I had decided to stick to vodka all night to prevent bad hangovers from mixing drinks. We enjoyed the music and atmosphere down and both had a very good night..........however I was to wake the next day with no memory nor wallet. Robbed and spiked!!!! These are two things we were warned about, so the following day we spent in the room Danny was feeling fragile. Lol But had heard that the jungle party was on, so we agreed we would go there. Again we had our bottle of vodka and Lipo before we went out then a tuk truck drive of 100 baht each to the jungle party.Jungle party entrance was 300 baht each . We didn't spend a long time at the jungle party as the music was progressive techno , nothing really happening with the beat. Not either of us' s type of music so tuk truck back to haad rin. The truck was full so Danny and a guy from Sunderland had to hang on he back with their hangs holding on to the roof and their feet on the steps up to the van - scarey!!! Both of them seemed pretty cool with this. Back at haad Rin we finished partying down on the beach, became friendly with quite a few Israelis who were great fun. Before we knew it it was daylight we began heading back to our room, until we stumbled across two guys we had been chatting to at the jungle party who were sat in a big group of people chilling out. We joined them and sat down chatting and hanging a laugh. There were two people Sat near to them an Irish lady and a Canadian guy, I began talking to them the Canadian guy was so rude but funny.He was so rude he had me entertained the several hours we were there, I can't remember his name but I named him the Walrus he just reminded me of one. A guy turned up chewing his face off, he sat and talked to Danny whilst I listened to the Walrus abusing the Irish lass. This lady Danny was chatting to had been to Eden which is a bar just round the corner off of haad rin beach which you have to get a taxi boat to. The taxi boat costs100 baht there and 300 baht back they charge you more on the way b

Advertisement



31st August 2013

Very good 1st blog Laura and Danny.Looking forward to reading all about the rest of your travels.Have a brilliant time.xx
13th September 2013

Thanks Carol xxxx

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb