Thailand - Part 1


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
April 9th 2011
Published: April 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello there and welcome to our travel blog 😊

So, the journey started heading Dublin to London and then onto Bangkok...the trip nearly never got off the ground however as the flight into London was later than we had expected and a little dealyed so by the time we ran from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 the flight was closing! There was time to check me in, but the flight closed before they got Francis a boarding card...I think our saving grace was that our bags had been checked all the way into Bangkok. Eventually got the cards and had to RUN to the gate...we were literally the last 2 onto the flight and had the last 2 seats on the plane...cue one cranky e-mail to Abbey Travel!!!

Ten hours later we landed in Bangkok in all it's craziness! We got the express bus to Khao San Road checked into the guest house and went about exploring. Bangkok was like a slap in the face with all the madness..we went for dinner in a restaurant in the Thai capital and I was so tired and jetlagged I was strongly considering ordering pizza! Seriously Laura, when in Rome.......you would order pizza but when in the Thai capital your order Thai food!! Also picked up some pairs of "designer" sunglasses and haggled a euro off their initial price. Now, I didn't know that Prada was spelt with a 'j' over here, but who am I to judge!!

Two nights in Bangkok and we headed off to Koh Chang. To get there it was a taxi, a 6 hour bus journey, a shuttle bus, a ferry and a taxi. There were about 12 of us in the taxi and no room for that many so Francis had to stand out the back on a platform type thing! It was lashing rain on arrival so it took the edge off the paradise island!! There was a nice motto on arrival which announced that "in Koh Chang, all you have to do is relax"....I liked that.

Our first accomodation was a hut, which was basic but nice and chilled. The beach was awesome and the sunsets were pretty cool - even better when accompanied by a few beers!! We had 3 nights booked in Koh Chang and when we went to book some more nights we had no idea that there was a festival coming into town and accomodation was quite scare on the ground. We managed to get one night to rest our heads, but more than that was not happening despite our searches...

So, it's on to Cambodia a little earlier than planned but no doubt we'll get another chance to chill out on a beach later in the travels 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



11th April 2011

Lucky Ducks
Hi L & F You already both look so relaxed. Bangkok is an awakening of all the senses at once. Koh Chang looks amazing. Gran Canaria nothing like that. Realxing week. Back and a guagmire of crap awaits. Oh the joys. Miss ya Fin

Tot: 0.623s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb