ferry from koh samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 18th 2011
Published: March 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well it is bizarre to be on holiday sipping sweet drinks with orchids draped over the rims while southeast asia is preparing for a NUCLEAR MELTDOWN. We are like innocent babes over here with no access to tv news or radio, but we do sometimes see an english speaking newspaper in hotel lobbies. Our flight home still has us going thru Tokyo, so we are trying to re-book. The weather here has been freakishly cold (for Thais anyway, who don't know what cold is). we are the only ones sitting out by the pool or walking along the beach. our waitress did not want to serve us at the beach side cafe because it was so stormy. We saw a camp of sea gypsies today with their brightly painted boats and fishing nets spread out. For once my lack of sense of smell was an asset as we explored an outdoor food market. the smells were too much for bill and AG, but I was unfazed by stalls of fresh caught pink and ghostly white squid, shark, silvery sardines, blue speckled crabs and live conchs. The temples continue to amaze us. one today had bellls all around the roof line and the sound it made with the winds a'blowing was hauntingly beautiful. We will try to get a ferry off island tomorrow and back to the mainland.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb