Hoorah Photographs


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
June 21st 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well finally i have sorted the camera. Funny stories about just how long its taken me to actually buy a camera, loss the lead, get the wrong memory card, get a new camera, need a card reader... all to be able to upload photos. Anyway we are there now!!! Unfortunately its a new camera so no photos from Bangkok only Hua Hin onwards.

The route we have taken so far has been Bangkok-Hua Hin-Chmpon-Ko Phan Ngan. Had a ball so far and met some great people. Not sure about highlights of teh trip but Huan hin was great. Its a beach town a few hours from Bangkok and we had a blinder and meet some great Thai people and ended up staying about 5 days.

From there we went to Chumpon which is really Thai and has hardly any westerners - this was awesome though as it allowed us to really see proper Thailand. I say that but in fact we met an expat South African who knoew a load of Thais and we ended up going to a club called Papa 2000. Been to a few clubs in my time but nothing as surreal as this. The England game was on with two big screens. But with no volumne and a Thai rock band onm the stage. All this while no Thais actually dance, they just sit on tables and chairs on the dancefloor!!! To top it off, there were alos a few podiums with half naked thai dancing girls in bikinis!!! Didnt know what to watch !!

Anyway, were now in Hat Rin the scene of teh famous full moon party which is in about a week. On first glance this is prob my fave place so far as its buszy and got a good party vibe but still beautiful. We have just come from a few days t a really secluded beach that was like a bounty advert but it was really quiet and didnt really have any amenities like phones or internet. Anyway hope to talk agin soon and sorry about the typos!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



22nd June 2010

Hey Guys, sounds like your having an amazing time!! Trying to get good on the playstation to replace his two brothers but it's not happening i'm afraid. Will just have to convert him to the world of nail polish and hair rollers :-) Your stories and pictures look amazing so far, and sounds like your having such a good time. We all wish that we were there with you, it's sick! Enjoy Kim xxx

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb