Bangkok wasted


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 14th 2009
Published: November 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

At the stationAt the stationAt the station

Ready for the sleeper to Bangkok
Welcome to Bangkok.....intense, vibrant, smelly, noisy, everything is here! Well I got the sleeper train from Surat Thani for the 12 hours journey to Bangkok....what a plesant journey, lounging in my own little bunk with a curtain for privacy, managed to sleep well and be refeshed for the Bangkok madness! Once in the capital I got an 'ordinary bus' to the area known as Banglampuh, basically this is where all the budget hotels are and it has become a backpack mecca. It also contains the famous Khoa San Rd (pronounced cow san) that you might have seen in the movie the beach....by day the Khoa San is intense by night it is a head rush! I strolled down it last night, one moment there was a midget begger on crutches, then there were gogo girls, next it was the suit selllers and then the offers of 'maaaaasssssaaaggge!'. Wow its one crazy huge screwed up street market. I bought a guitar for 20 quid and a copy of Siddhartha by Herman Hesse for 3 quid.

Chilled last evening with some Aussie guys (they are everywhere in SE Asia) and got beaten by an 11 year old thai girl at thumb wrestling!
Ticket to BangkokTicket to BangkokTicket to Bangkok

cost about 15 quid
She came over selling roses but then offered to thumb wrestle me for 100 baht (about 2 quid)....hey 2 quid is alot when you are on a budget so we agreed on 10 baht! Anway she has some super bendy amazing technique and beat me in about 30 seconds! Haha, she was amazing, the most cocky confident 11 year old you could ever meet. When some of the other guys refused the challenge she even said 'come on, dont be lady boys!'.

Well, off to the grand palace now to see the splendour and the emerald buddha, then I'll pop over to see the huge reclining buddha (the recline signifies buddha's moment of enlightenment). He better be in this time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Thai 'ordinary bus'Thai 'ordinary bus'
Thai 'ordinary bus'

ooh the glamour
thumb wrestling geniusthumb wrestling genius
thumb wrestling genius

terrible photo but you get the idea


17th November 2009

wow what suntan
your looking really good son and are obviously having a good time sounds amazing but dnt think its my c up of tea ha ha keep on trecking lots of luv mum n sarnxxxxxxxx
18th November 2009

Jealous much!
Ian!!! You're ruining my life. I really need to stop reading your posts because all it does is make me want sack in Uni and becoming a travel bum! I'm so jealous! You sound like ur having an awesome time tho n can't wait for ur next entry! Clo xXx

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb