Arrived in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
July 17th 2009
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We're here!



Rachel and I finally made it. The flight was actually ok once I managed to get checked in, it turns out that you do need a ticket to show you are leaving Thailand within 30days to get the on-arrival visa. So I now have a random flight to Vietnam on the 30th July! (We would've got deported on arrival!!)

Khao San road is seriously busy! its just full of thailand's version of the 'lookie lookie', but this time they are women with wooden frogs!

First night sleeping in this heat was pretty hard, it was absolutely boiling. We have just moved to another guesthouse so we had a room with a window, it felt bizarre not having a window to the outside world. We have quite a nice view of a temple.

We've sampled our first street food, pad thai for something like 60p and then muesli with yoghurt and fruit this morning for 50p.

We're going to spend today (Friday) ambling round Bangkok whilst attempting to try and organise the next few days - where we're going to go in Thailand and most importantly, researching Visas!

It's so different out here, think it is going to take us a few days to adjust to the pace and the general way of life.

bye for now.

xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb