Thailand - Round 1


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 6th 2007
Published: November 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a 6 hour delay on our flight out of Bali we finally touched down in Phuket. The 6 hour delay was not a problem though as they took us to a hotel that was better than any we had stayed at on the whole trip. I fully took advantage of the unlimited buffet dinner and free alcohol.

Phuket town I really have nothing to say about, there was very little there and it's a bit dingy (although maybe that's because it's monsoon season). Although we did see a vegetarian festival and had to dodge firecrackers in the street because of it.

After this we headed to Patong, which was a bit of a carnival, bright lights, lots of noise and to be honest quite tacky. So after watching England lose the rugby, and Lewis Hamilton lose the Formula One title we decided to head off to a Full Moon party on Koh Pah Ngan....

SCENE MISSING/MEMORY CORRUPTED?NO DATA FOUND.

After recovering from the party (and Cat recovering from more food poisoning) we headed across to Koh Tao where we enrolled in a scuba diving course. Its the first time weve been in a clasroom since uni, and for the dives themselves, the visibility was really poor, so no sharks or anything exciting to report this time. Although on our second dive, our instructor did recover a paint roller from the ocean floor! We can both proudly state now that we are PADI Open Water Diver Certified, at least it's something else to put on the CV.

So then we hit Bangkok, less rain now as we move North and monsoon season disappears, not done too much sight seeing as we are planning on where to go next (we have to return to Bangkok anyway for flight home). By this point all our clothes and sleeping bags had gone mouldy so we had to get almost all of our stuff cleaned. I also have some cracking infected mosquito bites on my legs and feet which don't seem to be healing. Weve extended our flight for another five weeks with the hope of seeing Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos, so should have some tales to report soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Cat moddelling a lovelly ponchoCat moddelling a lovelly poncho
Cat moddelling a lovelly poncho

Mine is a striking blue colour


12th November 2007

pirates
you 2 look like something/one out of pirates of the caribbean

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb