VISAS


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 18th 2007
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Oh Visas.

Last Tuesday we had to go to Nan (2 hours one way) but found out on arrival that the immigration officer wasn't there- but instead was in Chiang Mai (the other way.. by far). We had to do the trek though because they were our visas and all.
Once we got there (finnally), the lady seemed to feel that we were illegal in this country and that we shouldn't have non immigrant visas. She nearly made the head of English cry. What we didn't understnad was why all our friends were approved (turns out it was the other lady). Laura, who also lives in Phrae waited 9 hours because GAP sent the wrong sheet.
For us, it turns out to be a good thing to tutor a police officer. Once he was on the phone things were sorted rather quickly. I dont understand how.. but i didn't complain. He said we should get the ladys name but she quickly covered her name tag. I'm sure there will be no problems in the future though!

We're staying in Phrae again this weekend because we love it. Tomorrow at school we're learning how to do some thai cooking. I'll let you know that one goes.

On top of everything it's getting hotter here. The dry season is approaching and i'm almost dreading it. There will be lots of changing shirts!

Nice to get all your comments I miss you all.
Em xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb