First Week Home!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 13th 2007
Published: January 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Flower FestivalFlower FestivalFlower Festival

us and the teachers
My first week back in Phrae has been a mix of relaxation and getting back into things.
Last tuesday we got to travel with 7 (hysterical) teachers to the flower show set up for the king's 60th anniversary on the throne. We woke up at 5am to get into a minivan full of loud music and blasting AC on a typically freezing Phrae morning.
Once there it was really amazing though. There was an orchid section (huge) as well as tropical plants, floating plants and a section dedicated to certain countries (ie- holland-tulips).
There was even a temple built which was stunning and had many paintings of the king adorning the walls.
Like most things in Chiang Mai it was expensive... but well worth it. I even got a picture with a person dressed as a flower (it must have been good)
This week back at school was better then i thought. I'm still on a high of being back "home" and i even recieved a parcel full of magazines and chocolates (purdys!) from my mom. Shes booked her flight to come here and will get to see the school and tour around Thailand with me starting March 9th. I will be home sooner then planned by about 3 weeks (scary!).
This past weekend marked "students day". there was a big fair set up by the bus station that Miday took us to and it was basically an excuse for students to have a good time..
On an even better note... tomorrow is "teachers day" 😊 where we get ANOTHER day off. Unfortunatly the day will be spent renewing our non immigrant visas and getting yet another work permit. 2,700 baht all together- great!
Yesterday Miday took us around Phrae to show us waterfalls and a hot springs. At the hot springs you see families boiling eggs and people have "hot springs bathes" because they think the water will cure them from certain diseases.
i am starting my last half of my time here teaching at the school. I think a part of me has really grown fond of the kids and i will miss seeing them and hearing them yell "helllo" all the time.
Miss you all loads and am thinking of you!
xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

KimKim
Kim

Kim at the flora festival
mmm.. Dinner...mmm.. Dinner...
mmm.. Dinner...

what they serve at the students day fair... crickets anyone?
WaterfallsWaterfalls
Waterfalls

Kim and Mi Day at the waterfalls
WaterfallsWaterfalls
Waterfalls

Kim and I at the waterfalls
Hot SpringsHot Springs
Hot Springs

eggs boiling at the hot springs
Hot SpringsHot Springs
Hot Springs

waiting for her eggs!


15th January 2007

Truly amazing
Thanks for continuing to send us pictures of all your adventures- very impressive pictures of the flowers and butterfly. Thank-you very much Love Mum
16th January 2007

Fabulous travelblog!!!
Emu, I absolutely love your photos and comments. You really have a talent for both photography and writing. Perhaps a future career in travel writing? You certainly have a flair! Please keep up the blog after your mom joins you. Love Dyanne, Peter and Charlie (aka Carlos, aka Charles Vermont, aka El Diablo, aka Chuckles)
18th January 2007

flowers
You will have to take mum to the flowers...she will go NUTS over all the orchids :-) Miss you!!! love big sis

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb