Day 34: Paradise Beach, Overpriced Beer


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 31st 2018
Published: October 31st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Another long walk day, this time taking us to Paradise Beach. Whilst not quite as far away as yesterdays trek, it was still a good 6km walk up and down multiple hills to a privately owned beach. The cove was cut off but thankfully as it was off season we did not need to pay. The resort was pretty standard, the entry fee for on season would get you a free scuba diving lesson which gave us the impression it would be exceedingly expensive. We decided to have lunch here, due to the exceedingly long walk and that there was a large amount of pizza available. The pizza was very good, the price also reflected this. Although we did later learn that there was a happy hour and a half where burgers and pizzas were half price, though unfortunately in the late afternoon.



We returned to the hotel to escape the heat of the mid-afternoon, before heading to the market just next to the shopping centre, having (wait for it) Pad Thai for dinner. We then decided to try the walking street for a drink. No ping pong shows, no other nefarious acts of sexual theatre. Just a couple of overpriced beers, in a corner bar hosting a hilariously camp Phillipino band. Our one beer pledge turned to 4 beers before heading home for the evening.



Steps: 27,538

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb