Day 28: Koh Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 30th 2018
Published: September 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The next morning we woke up with the plan of renting a moped and driving across the island to Paradise Waterfall, before our ferry to Koh Samui in the afternoon. This plan was quickly scuppered when we were not allowed to rent the scooter due to not having an appropriate licence (I think they would have ignored this if we looked like we had any clue what we were doing). So we set off to a different waterfall 5k from out hostel, by foot. We stopped off on the way at a pastry shop for breakfast (beef puff 2/10, basically a shite Cornish pasty. Meg had a quiche) and just over an hour after we had set off we arrived at the waterfall. Now the waterfall itself was actually rather underwhelming, I don’t know if it was the time of year but it was basically just rocks with a tiny bit of water trickling down it. The climb was steep and off-road, with a warning not to try this route during nightfall, which we completely understood having conquered it. More than one other group stopped us on the way down to ask if it was worth it. Purely on the waterfall we would have said no but the viewpoint was worth the climb, offering a view from halfway up the hill through the jungle and out over the sea.



We managed to get back in time to have lunch and relax at a café over the road from the ferry transfer, before heading back on our Lomprayah catamaran over to Koh Samui. The Ferry from Koh Phangnan took about 40 minutes and we had ordered a transfer to take us straight to our destination: Lamai. Lamai is the second biggest town on the island of Samui, behind Chaweng, situated on the east coast of the island. Our first evening was relatively straightforward, where we walked up and down the beach before venturing into the town. In the evening we went to an Indian Restaurant (Live India, having Fish Tikka Tandoori, 8/10) before going to bed.

Steps: 21,322

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 10; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb