days 15 to 18


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 8th 2006
Published: November 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day 15 We sat on the beach a read all day. PLayed a little frisbee. Nothing of much consequence. We had dinner at a japanese buffet and stuffed ourselves silly. I made the mistake of not wearing a shirt and walked around looking pregnant all night. We drank at a Bar called Rolling Stoned and listened to the house band The Rolling Stoners. THey were really entertaining. THe singing was pretty funny as the band is all Thai, so the accent comes out at most inoppertune times.
Day 16 WE took a hike through the jungle. I sweat alot. again. DIdnøt really see much wild life... There were a few really big Geckos, about 9 inches long, and more jungle goats. After our hike we were pretty wiped, but headed to the beach to get sunset photos. We passed the evening at Rolling stoned again.
DAy 17 We left Koh Phi Phi on the ferry and headed back to phucket town. Our goal was to get to Koh Chang as quickly as possible, so herøs what we stubjected ourselves to. 230pm board the ferry to Phucket town. 430 taxi to bus terminal in phucket town. At this point we where informed that there were no more VIP buses to bangkok so we booked an aircon bus that departed at 8pm, which was the earliest bus. We had dinner at a noodle stand and played some pool in the Red Bubble Bar near the station. We boarded the bus and there we remained until 10am the next morning.
Day 18 Still on the bus. We got off the bus at 10am and made our way to the eastern bus terminal in bangkok. From there we took a bus to Trat. THis ride took 5 hours. After our five hour ride of pain we took a songthaew took the ferry and rode the ferry to Koh Chang for an hour. WE arrived on WHite Sand beach 23 hrs after we left Koh Phi Phi. But the time we got to the beach we couldnøt be bothered searching for a bungalow so we took the cheapest we could find on the main road. Had dinner and wandered around a little. We played pool and had a drink at a resort called Pattyøs Palms... an irish owned thai place. Upon returning to our room we vowed that we would find decent lodging in the morning as our room smelt like old gym shoes and jockstraps.
More soon

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb