Day 4 and the journey continues


Advertisement
Published: May 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hua HinHua HinHua Hin

the room ma have been rubbish but the drinks were good
So having left the hustle and bustle of Bangkok, and the bizarre place of Hua Hin, where as we may have emailed to you, there were lots of men out to pick Thai women. It was all a little strange so we left pretty swiftly, and moved down the coast to khiri khan. we have been here a couple of days now, and it is very picturesque and a lot quieter than our previous stops.
our journey down here though was a little traumatic.
It was round a quarter to noon when we left the Lord Nelson, (that was the hole we stayed in in Hua Hin), and we ventured forth to the bus station, we got lost and had to get an overpriced tuk tuk. A kind gentlemen at the bus station helped us to get on the right bus, but we were on our own from there.
It was a long a tiresome bus journey, I napped and Ben listened to some music. It was a pretty view out of the window, then our piece was disrupted...I saw a sign at one of the bus stops saying prachuap, admittedly not the full title of prachuapkhirikhan that we were expecting,
Hua HinHua HinHua Hin

the room ma have been rubbish but the drinks were good
but how was I to know there would be a difference. we abruptly dismounted the bus, and it was only as we saw the bus leave did we realise that we had made a terrible mistake. As the adventurers we clearly are, we did not let that defeat us!
we proceeded on foot down a very long and sandy road, we saw some long eared cows and a monk. The sun was high in the clear blue sky but still we marched on, the idea of death did not scare us it only made our will stronger.
It was a while before we saw the first sign pointing us in the right direction, but when we did how glorious a moment it was, we celebrated in the way it poointed so clearly, it was beautiful!
It was only now that we knew that the little man who we had seen next to the monk on the long and sandy path had not mocked us, he had indeed pointed us in the right direction. It was still tough going, Ben was feeling the strain, I tried to keep up morale, I knew we were close I could taste it! .....
Hua HinHua HinHua Hin

the room ma have been rubbish but the drinks were good
and still we marched.....our troubles were only made worse howver when we reached civilization a hotel/guesthouse or even a tuk-tuk was nowhere to be found, it was indeed a ghost town, a hot large and eerie ghost town! And due to that whole Lord Nelson fiasco we were feelin a little picky about what opportunities did arise.
We had now been walkling over an hour in the blazing heat! We took a moment to ponder a way out of our predicament, and it was in that moment that in the distance our saviour appeared. We never got his name but he had a side way tuk tuk thingy and he knew where he was going! He helped us with opur bags and we hopped on board, and he took us to Yuttichai, or as i like to call it a little slice of heaven, and what a cheap slice it was at 160bahts a nice, thats less than 3 quid for the both of us!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

prachuapkhirikhanprachuapkhirikhan
prachuapkhirikhan

Isnt it beautiful


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb