4- Kota Bharu (Malaysia) & Hat Yai (Thailand)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand » Hat Yai
February 23rd 2007
Published: March 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

LuxuryLuxuryLuxury

Our 7 euro room in Kota Bharu

Eventually got back to Kuala Besut from the Perhentians after the long wait and got a taxi from there to Kota Bharu where we decided to rest for the night. Found a class guest house, it was actually a private home with an old couple living there and cost us just 7 euro for the room for the night. En suite bathroom and balcony too. the business. (edel didnt likeit quite as much as i did however...) Not a lot to see in Kota Bharu so headed straight to the Thai border the next morn on our way to Hat Yai.



Hat Yai is more like a typical Thai town. Not so many tourists and prices much lower so that suited us fine. Found a nice little place to stay just beside Chinatown and paid 500Baht (10euro) for the room for the night. Quality. Again we had a little guest in the room, a little gecko lizard (which seemed to follow us from here and we've had one in nearly every room since!! Lizzy we called her)


Anyway spent most of our time just wandering the streets and getting lost. Great little town and some
BollocksedBollocksedBollocksed

Absolutely fucked from lugging my fuckin bag around all day. Finally in Hat Yai
delicious food and fruit from the street vendors. Got a fuckin horrific meal though in a restaurant there. Ordered some Thai stuff and what came out on the plate looked not so great but it smelt like a mixture of puke and shite. Rough. It didnt taste quite as bad but it burned the mouth of us all the same. First rotten meal I've got since I arrived (and most of ye know id eat anything). Anyway not to worry,we survived it! Also got our first tuk tuk ride here,fun but if they ever crashed you'd die instantly, dodgy enough but the only way to travelin Thailand!! Meetin the lads again in Krabi next... Do tune in again!






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

LostLost
Lost

Edel trying to work out where the fuck we are
Thai templeThai temple
Thai temple

Thai temple of some sort
SkeweredSkewered
Skewered

Poor little piglets
tuk tuktuk tuk
tuk tuk

tuk tuk
Inside the tuk tukInside the tuk tuk
Inside the tuk tuk

Inside the tuk tuk
Sound manSound man
Sound man

Me with a Thai cop


11th March 2007

Nathan is gay
he told me so on numerous occasions.
20th March 2007

The fancy bedroom...
Loving how the curtains and duvet cover go 2gether...alot of thought and defo got an interior designer here!!!
5th September 2007

He will eat anything
It must have been very poor, as i remember sad story involving cold chicken balls eaten from a bin.
10th October 2007

chicken balls
billy, you know yourself.... they were in a bag in a bag

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb