Thailand: Krabi - Railay Beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
January 10th 2013
Published: April 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Krabi - Railay Beach




There is a lot of island to choose from around this part of Thailand which have been made famous as an ideal location for adventurers, yachtsmen, scuba-divers, snorkelers and day-trippers. The West coast of Thailand is truely stunning (the film 'The Beach' was shot at Ko Phi Phi) A beautiful place but now it is rapidly becoming a party Island..



We opted to stay in East-Railay for 10 days bathing and relaxing before heading back to cold UK. (Railay is not really an Island but it is not reachable by road, therefore it is effectively an Island without being an Island because everything arrives by boat....)



In January be ready to see prices rise as it is high season, so even a little bungalow can be expensive. Anyhow, we stayed near in a natural amphitheatre and close to the Ya-Ya Bar: playing great Old School Reggae & Ska music every night and some concert with local artists. We were able to sit on the veranda of our Bungalow and enjoy the music bouncing around the limestone cliffs... We also recommend Utopia, bar on your way to West Railay, lovely people, lovely food.

This part of the Thailand is famous for his landscape and its climbing-walls. We were very impressed to see how skilled and strong some of the 'expert' climbers were...

It is a stunning part of the world and we would recommend this area for a 2-3 week holiday if you are able to do so...


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb