We miss Phi Phi but Railay is getting better!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
February 5th 2007
Published: February 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our last night in Phi Phi was 3rd Feb which we spent having dinner with a lovely couple called Moira and Geoff who were in their 50's but living life to the full! They seemed happy enough to dine with us so we tucked into some good food and chatted the night away over a few bottles of Singha!
We left Phi Phi early on the 4th Feb and took a ferry to Krabi, jumped into a dodgy cab with a cherry exhaust pipe and were whisked to a long tail boat that made the final leg to Railay East. OH what a shock it was to land among Mangroves and muddy sand - I was expecting pearly white sands! However, the limestones cliffs are truly spectacular. Railay beach itself is not that stunning either but today we walked through to PhraNang beach, surrounded by monkeys, which was quite a sight! After a night spent in the YaYa resort, which we didn't much like, we checked into the Princess resort and Spa today (which Glyn negotiated 3000 TBHT a night as apposed to 4300 TBHT!!!! - we have been asked to keep this stum!). Today we layed bgy the pool and have just watched the best sunset of the holiday.

Advertisement



6th February 2007

now youare really pissing me off!
snow here today and -1 @ 9.30am so I really did not need to see a picture of white sandy beaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mother read the blog on sunday at our house, she was relieved to know your having a great time. Give us a call when you land on friday....if you are coming back that is. I would not blame you if you did not....I am sure the Thai's get prostrate cancer and need marketing executives.
7th February 2007

I wouldn't come back.......
If I were you two, apparently tonight we are getting 10cm of Snow from 7-3pm and it's going to be minus 2 when you towo get back into the country, your gonna have the shock of your lives...... make sure that you both stock up on a good barrier cream otherwise your tans will just fall off. Make sure that you really enjoy your laST DAY OF SUNSHINE!!! IT'LL BE THE ONLY ONE YOU'LL SEE FOR A WHILE. see you guys soon then..

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb