Last days


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
March 26th 2016
Published: March 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday
Hanging by the pool all day, we then went down the mountain at sunset, it was the biggest orange sun sinking into the ocean, I was hoping we'd make it to the bottom so I could capture it, but by the time we got to the beach it was gone. We sat and had wine and dinner and laughed as we watched to resorts performers. Drank too much wine, went to bed... Tomorrow, another lazy pool day.
Thursday
Having some stomach issues so I am happy to be poolside for the day, reading my book, taking in the incredible views and hot breezy weather.
Today we relaxed by the infinity pool again , amazing views of the resort and the Andaman sea. The sea is so close in color to the sky that you cannot
tell where one ends and the other begins, because of this the two huge rocks that are the size of a 10 story building seem to be floating in the sky! An optical allusion that is magical. Thai lunch and more swimming the temperature is 90 with a nice breeze. We had a great dinner with wine on the beach and watched a Thai show, the dance included a woman in gold hiding from a guy with a dragon mask.... She would run and hide behind guests sitting at dinner tables, surprising them and everyone would laugh and laugh. A beautiful day before we start the trek home . We will have 6 hrs in Phuket to shop and then it's 33hrs of air transport...... Not looking forward to that.
After two days of laying about the pool, having our last breakfast on the island and heading down the mountain to check out, and waiting for our boat ride back to Phuket, we sat to have lunch, in a part of the resort we had not Tried out yet. We waited for our waitress and there were three adorable girls playing with a stray cat and her kittens. I couldn't help think " where do I know them from?" I looked to the table they were sitting at and their mother looked familiar as well. In a hundred years I never would have expected to run into my French family friends (living in Hong Kong) that had taken me under their wing on my first trip to Thailand in Chaing Mai (2 hour flight and 2 years ago) letting me tag along on a days adventure in Chaing Mai.. here at our Tiny island, at our little resort, having lunch at the same time (before noon)they had gotten off the boat they were sailing on, just for a quick lunch!... There are no coincidences. We chatted and caught up and I was able to introduce them to Dave. There girls as sweet as ever, and growing up! Such a sweet,sweet surprise!
Heading to Phuket and hoping to get a little shopping in, we have bought nothing!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb