Rain Rain go away.....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
June 26th 2006
Published: June 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello again.


Our adventure into the rain forrest was like a walk in the park, all the trails were well signed and we didn't even need a guide to get around. To get into the forrest we had to get a rickety old long boat up river for about 3 hours, the surroundings were awesome and it was a really relaxing trip. We found a really pretty bamboo hut to stop in with a resident frog in the "Ensuite" we done a jungle canopy walk, it was a little scary at times given that it was just old ladders and scrappy bits of rope tied between trees about 20m above the ground.

We then continued our tour to Cherating which is a little place on the Eastcoast of Malaysia. It was supposed to be a party place but we must have somehow missed all the nightlife (we stopped there for about 1 week). During this time we got invited to a malay wedding. We were quite excited to go and even bought a present but when the day of the wedding arrived we didn't fancy going. There were about 1000 people there and we didn't feel like being
scary scary canopy walkscary scary canopy walkscary scary canopy walk

still smiling tho
the weird guests that no-one knows. We had started to do a batik workshop as well making ourselves a sarong each and we needed to get them finished so we could move on to the perenthian islands the next day.

And guess what we've seen while we were snorkelling around the islands...... huge turtles and a shark. Wooo!!!! and plenty of Nemo fish too. The perenthian islands have without doubt the most beautiful beaches we've seen so far. There aren't any cars or motorbikes on the islands which is REALLY nice.

We said our good byes to Malaysia and crossed the border back into Thailand. We crossed over to the west coast via Krabi and onto Ko Phi Phi island. Had a nightmare boat trip getting there; the waves were huge, easy 3m high, people were sick all over the place, all the girls were screaming and all the boys were nervously laughing and there was a Britney Spears live in Las Vegas DVD playing through out the whole ordeal !!! can you imagine anything nicer?

its into the monsoon season now so out of the 5 days we were there it rained for 4 of them and was only nice the day we were leaving.....we did get to see where The Beach was filmed, it is beautiful but what isn't beautiful was the hoards of tourists there... to escape the rain, if only for a while, I went and got my eyebrow pierced..OUCH!!! We had a little guest in our bamboo hut one day.... a scorpion, it was little but it was still a scorpion...nothing the underside of a sandel cant sort out though...CRUUNCH.

We moved onto Phuket the next day. Had a very smooth boat trip and spoiled ourselves by stopping in a 499Baht hotel, you wouldn't believe how much we miss hot water....that was our first hot shower in 4 weeks...its not all easy this travelling...he he he!!!!! But we only stopped for one night in the comfort of a hotel with all mod cons and moved on to Patong where we are now.....All we've really done here is watch the world cup and drink sweet sweet beer!!!... mostly because it hasn't stopped raining for the past 4 days!!!..although to escape the rain in a non-alcoholic way I got my lip pierced!!

We are heading off to Ko Samui on the other
Hurry Up..Hurry Up..Hurry Up..

...the floating restaurant is floating away....
side of Thailand tomorrow where we are hoping to see the sun a bit more......

Bye for now..


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Paradise here we come...Paradise here we come...
Paradise here we come...

..this is long beach on the kecil (small) island of the perenthians where we stopped..
Not in our bed...Not in our bed...
Not in our bed...

...thankyou!!!!!
OOOOWWWWWWWWOOOOWWWWWWWW
OOOOWWWWWWWW

...didn't hurt really....oooowwwww
Mine didn't hurt.....Mine didn't hurt.....
Mine didn't hurt.....

....not even a little!!
....And Ensuite shower.......And Ensuite shower...
....And Ensuite shower...

...cold water only mind


28th June 2006

rain rain go away to thailand for a while cos im sick of it
rain rain go away to thailand for a while cos its all we ever see not that im jealous or anyhthing. tans are coming along nicely there keep up the good work. that ensuite looks like mine, i want a pink shower you lucky things you !!!
5th July 2006

come home cos I love u!!!
Alright son, can't believe you ain't back yet. Got a suit sorted for rob's wedding, look like the man from delmonte. Had a class time in Newquay. Nathan broke Dan's ribs playing American football and he got a 2 week sicknote. Luke and nathan had a fight (nathan got chinned!) We got mortal non-stop, best round was Rob's round of double sambucas in the resident nightclub, which set him back £85.00 (and this was only the first night. Anyways, looking forward to seeing you and ripping your new piercing out of your head. Hope you don't get eaten by a WILD KILLER MONKEY GIRAFFE! Peace out broseph

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb