Back to Nai Yang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
February 7th 2011
Published: February 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It’s hard to believe our Thailand adventure is coming to an end. After an action packed month we’re spending the final few days relaxing in a plush resort on Nai Yang Beach. Nai Yang is at the northern, less touristed part of Phuket, away from the crowds and close to the airport which makes for an easy get away when we leave. We’re staying at the Imperial Adamas Resort and the big drawcard is our pool access suite which has a terrace opening straight onto our own section of the large swimming pool. Phoebe the mermaid is absolutely loving it! The beach itself doesn’t compare to Phi Phi, but it has a relaxed vibe, a fleet of fishing boats bobbing along the shore, and numerous beach restaurants where you can enjoy a cheap seafood meal while you watch the sun sink slowly over the Andaman Sea. Unfortunately I have joined Jasper in the ranks of the unwell, and after a visit to the hospital we’ve been diagnosed with Influenza B and told we can’t fly for 4 days. This has meant a litany of phone calls to our travel insurance company, emails to work and family, our hotel stay being extended and our return flight changed. Not the final farewell we were planning, but at least it didn’t happen at the beginning of our trip. We’ll use the time to rest and recover from this wicked flu, and to look back on the last few weeks. We have loved our time spent in this amazing country; it’s beautiful scenery, crazy traffic, delicious food, incredible history, weird smells, mangey dogs, colourful markets and most of all the kind and friendly Thai people who have helped us along the way. We have so many stories to take home and share with our family and friends, and wonderful memories to keep in our hearts forever.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

What do you think?What do you think?
What do you think?

The kids discuss the merits of the pool access room.
Sunset dinnerSunset dinner
Sunset dinner

At one of the seafood joints on Nai Yang beach.
More fishing boatsMore fishing boats
More fishing boats

As the sun goes down over Nai Yang
Waiting for the tideWaiting for the tide
Waiting for the tide

Nai Yang beach, Phuket


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb