Arrived at last!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 24th 2010
Published: October 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We finally arrived in Phuket! The plane was late leaving Perth and we were left sitting on the plane waiting for 45 minutes before we even looked like leaving. Something about a hatch not closing propery (not used to the thai english/accent yet so it could have been anything!) . The service on Thai airways more than made up for it. We were like kids in a candy store watching all the movies that we hadn't seen yet and the airline food was surprisingly good. After being on the plane for so long we were glad to finally get off, find our ride and head to the hotel.
The Patong Merlin is a lovely hotel... great pools, great location and the rooms aren't too bad. We are taking bets though on who will take a tumble into the bathroom first - there is a small drop leading into the bathroom. Someone is going to be in trouble and I hope it isn't me. Will keep you posted on who the first victim is.

First port of call - shopping! I can feel Thai Airways rubbing their hands with glee with all the excess baggage that will be coming their way. Zahara - Grandma is shopping up a storm and you should have plenty of new outfits that you can grow into.

'Sweets' was calling us! I had fond memories of Sweets restaurant from the last few times here. Fantastic food at even better prices. It didn't disappoint. The Thai Green Curry was HOT and we quickly ordered some water to try and soothe our burning lips! It must have been quite amusing to see tourists with tears rolling down their cheeks as they skulled water!

After a restless nights sleep (the beds were sooooo hard) and a wonderful breakfast we were ready to go! Foot Massage here we come! An hour of pampering our feet and then a neck and shoulder massage we were new women - we were ready to brave the stalls again and shop up a storm. Pam has quickly caught on to the bartering caper and is beginning to bargain hard... Mum isn't too far behind her.

We took Pam into her first secret room today - She was a bit apprehensive as she followed the shop owner into the back 'airconditioned' room. She soon got over it as her eyes lit up at all the DVD's. Let's hope these are good quality.

After a quick refresh at the hotel - you guessed it - more shopping. We then had a yummy 'Italian' meal (I know we should get back on the horse after our green curry episode but the food was so nice).
Tomorrow we are going to cooking school! It should be a heap of fun!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb