Very sick


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 14th 2010
Published: October 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

That burning feeling



Wednesday morning came and after getting some sleep I was feeling better and starving after not having had anything to eat since 6am the day before. We headed off to breakfast where after trying to stomach some coffee and water melon I discovered that unfortunately all the vomiting from the night before had led to me burning my digestive tract so anything even slightly acidic caused a great deal of pain. Luckily we had nothing planned for today before lunch so we watched a few movies and caught up on some sleep.

We were meeting our lovely friend Wannee for lunch at 1pm today. Wannee worked at the hotel when we first came to Thailand in 2007 and has been our companion at breakfast every year since and became a good friend. We had a moment of panic when we could not find her on our first morning at breakfast but it turned to relief when we found out that she was just working in a different area. We met down the road near McDonalds and went around the corner to a nice little restaurant where I tried to come up with something to eat that was not going to cause me too many problems. Eventually I settled on Thai noodle soup with vegetables and minced pork, while Colli went for chicken satay skewers and Yum Woon Sen with minced pork. Wannee found it amusing that we were eating Thai food and she was eating Italian seafood pasta.

We had some really great food which after waiting for it to cool down I was able to consume most of. It was great to spend some quality time with Wannee without having to share her with other customers or worry that she would get in trouble for talking to us for too long.

After lunch it was starting to look like being out on a boat again for our trip to Phi Phi island on Thursday would be a bad idea. We got back to the hotel and I was checking emails when we got one from Simba sea trips informing us that all trips to Phi Phi had been cancelled for the rest of the week but our trip to James Bond Island on Friday was still going ahead at this stage.

While we were somewhat disappointed that Thursday’s trip had been cancelled we were also kind of thankful as it would give me an extra 24hrs to recover and Colli was not looking forward to it if the sea was anything like what I had on Tuesday afternoon.

Thursday was spent just trying to recover and watching movies. I was able to eat a bit more today but I am still trying to avoid anything high in acid.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb