And a Happy Birthday to Judy!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
February 17th 2010
Published: February 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Firstly an answer to the question that you’re all asking with bated breath ... I can happily report that the toe didn’t drop off in the night, hasn’t turned completely black and, if the truth be told, isn’t hurting quite as much as had been feared. There is, of course, a fearful limp ... but we were all expecting that eh?!

We planned our last day here to be quiet, so grabbed the hotel minibus to Saga Beach as some of the more elderly hotel residents joyfully call it. There are many out here living the life of Riley, staying between one to four months. We have fun swopping tales of how much snow is falling on our respective home towns while we fiddle with the air conditioning.

I was surprised to see that a couple of our pals chose to walk through the hotel’s gardens down to the beach - I’m firm in my assertion that God wouldn’t have put a tram there if he wanted us to walk, and John was happy sitting in the front carriage playing with the toy steering wheels for the 2 minute drop, so a good solution for both of us!

Fun frolicking around in the waves ensued for one of us. Unfortunately, John realised that he’d forgotten swimming attire, although I suspect he didn’t want to risk stubbing that toe again. He did eventually give in as he was so hot ... we’re now trying to get his T-shirt dry enough for the trip back to the room...

We followed up the beach break with a visit to the rooftop pool and Jacuzzi, so that we could drink in that fantastic view. I must confess to feeling a little lazy - we are so near Phuket Town which is World Heritage, and I would dearly have loved to visit Phi Phi, which the Lonely Planet says is so beautiful it brings tears to your eyes, but we just don’t seem to have had much time for doing anything other than sitting around! Ah well, we could always come back - maybe to spend the winter months with some of our ‘Saga’ friends!

Another delicious meal and a walk (or limp) along the prom and then back to the room to pack before an early night ... tomorrow we’re off to Malaysia!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb