Phuket Revisited


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
April 16th 2009
Published: May 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Samui To Phuket



It was a nice clear morning when we woke for the final time in Samui. We took a stroll down to the beach which was nice and quiet, as it was still early, and snapped a few photos of the sunrise.

After breakfast at the resort we checked out and not long after, our minivan arrived to take us to the airport. We were a little disappointed when we read the stickers on the window, there would be no fun had by us this morning in any form (See the photo and you will understand, lol).

We had a complimentary danish, coffee and juice at Samui airport, then boarded the plane for our flight to Phuket. We were a bit sick of flying by now and hoped the flight would go quickly. No sooner had we got in the air and reached cruising altitude, it seemed we were descending straight away to Phuket airport. It was a very quick 45 minute flight!!

At Phuket we jumped in the minivan that was waiting for us and headed to the Holiday Inn. We had decided to stay in the Bussakorn Wing as we had heard good things about it, having a private pool etc. When we arrived and checked in we were very satisfied with our room on the 5th floor and the nice view overlooking the pool.

Once we had settled in and unpacked a little we headed out onto the beach road to have a look around. We had been to Phuket the year before and knew pretty much what to expect and knew roughly what was located where. We had however forgotten how extremely annoying and pushy some of the tailors and shop owners were, trying to get you into their shops to buy things.
You just don't get this sort of pushiness and harrasment in Koh Samui. We learned very quickly, as we did last year, to just keep walking, don't shake the tailors hands, and just to be polite and keep on your way.

We were craving some "normal" western food for lunch so popped into the local Subway to eat. Unfortunately the prices were roughly the same as you would expect to pay back home, certainly no cheap thai dish.

We popped into OTOP Markets which were just across the road at the back of our Hotel and had a cold drink and bought a couple of
T-Shirts. Then we decided we had better get some laundry done as we were running out of clean clothes. Luckily the Hair Salon just down the side street beside the Hotel did laundry, we dropped ours off here (AUD$6) and were told we could pick it up the following evening.

We went back to the hotel and had a nice dip in the pool, then back to the room before heading out to dinner. We decided to eat at Tropica Restaurant which is a place we had been last year. Then after a walk through Bangla Road we headed back to the hotel to call it a night (after a cold beer in the room).





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb