HAPPY NEW YEAR


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
December 31st 2005
Published: December 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well. it is almost 6.30pm on New Year's Eve here in Thailand. This will probably be our last message from Phucket as we move on to Kho Samui on the 2nd and who knows when we will be sober again here!

Apologies for the lack of entries lately, but there really hasn't been too much to report. Christmas day was spoilt, by Ken being the victim of some food bug picked up on Christmas Eve - nothing to do with alcohol - and subsequently he spent all day in bed or in the loo.

Other than that we have just been beach bums, soaking up the sun on the wonderful beaches here on Phucket.

We did go to a wedding reception on December 27th. This was Daniel Finck's 'Thai' wedding to his beautiful Thai wife whose name I shall not even attempt to spell. Dan's mum and dad, Paul and Di (good friend's of Ken), were there as were most of Di's family. Despite the lingering effects of Ken's tummy bug we still managed to have a good time. The reception was held at Daniel's Guest House which is very good. It is called Baan Suey if anyone is thinking of coming out this way in the future. Just mention my name and he will double the price!

Anyway, a bottle of champagne awaits us in our room, after which it's off into the bright lights of Karon and a trawl of the bars to determine the best location to see in the New Year.

We have certainly had a great year in 2005: we wish all of you a great and Happy New Year for 2006.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Linda & Ken

Advertisement



1st January 2006

A Guid New Year
All the best to you both ! The Pars gubbed The Sons Of Satan (Falkirk) 2-1 on Hogmanay !!!It just doesn't get any better ! Love ,Jack.
1st January 2006

guid new year
from the Beveridge heartlands,by the shores of the majestic townhill loch,may I wish tou and yours ,all you would wish yourselves for 2006, love dave
2nd January 2006

Happy New Year to you both, We are sure it will be a great year for you both started well!
4th January 2006

hello from majorca!!
your not the only international jet-setting , globe trotters you know!!! here in deepest darkest Parma, the wildlife (UK ex-pats) seem strangely out of their natural habitat. best of luck to you both and bon voyages. love rk.

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb