Tripping around Thailand Sept.2008


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
September 28th 2008
Published: September 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tripping around Thailnd September 2008

Our tenth day has come around so quickly as it does when one (and I think both of us) are having fun. We are only thankfull that we do not have to leave Thailand for another 20 days as we are just getting the feel of our happy surroundings. Thailand has presented many suprises, not to mention our ability to understand without to much knowledge of the country or language. We have become adept at currency transfers, smiling, eating, enjoying Singah beer, the weather, swimming in the lovely rooftop pool, and revelling in our delightful third floor unit which we were upgraded to with its ocean views, and enormous area including a kitchen, full refrigerator, two televisions, the largest bed we have ever slept in, and a bath for us to soak in each evening. And that is not all we have enjoyed eating and reading on our balcony, with a backdrop of either the Ardaman sea or jungle hill complete with a huge buddah on top of a mountain close by to keep our karma happy, not that we need much help at the moment because everything at Club Pacific Resort is done so nicely.

Of an evening we have enjoyed our dinner in the restaurant downstairs, where fresh fruit are juiced and served with our dinner. Like most opportunities in this hotel anything that can be adorned with flowers are, and in particular singapore orchids feature. As they were just too beautiful to discard I took them back to our room after dinner and was making quiet a collection until our maid added a full vase of orchids on about our third morning. Their addition makes our unit perfect. With only two more mornings here I was somewhat suprised to find another vase of flowers with sweet smelling red roses in them on our kitchen benchtop today. Phuket has proved to be a very friendly, pleasant place to be.

We are only moving down a few kilometers for the next seven days on Tuesday morning next as it was necessary to have a skin cancer removed from Dave's arm at Phuket hospital and as he cannot get his arm wet, we will delay some of our plans and excursions for the week. Australia could learn a great deal on how hospitals should operate and we can know understand why Australians come here for surgery and dental work. If we had to rate our hospital experience it would be 10 out 10 just amazing to see how it can be done. The whole process from having our taxi doors opened at the entry doors to the hospital to departure took only 1 and 1/2 hours, including an ATM to withdraw the total cost ($250) for the doctors consultation, surgery, pathology, pharmacy despensary for painkillers, a full doctors report of the procedure undertaken and payment of the account. We also had the opportunity to enjoy a coffee and watch the Thailand Tennis Open which is currently being played in Bangkok.

A taxi for the day with driver cost approx $50 so getting around is easy and comfortable in modern late model airconditioned taxis. There are not many old cars over here and although traffic is hectic in some places with all the motor bikes on the road which can carry a family of two adults and two littlees, lord knows how they stay on balanced but they do and with ease. Fuel is only $1 a litre here so taxes cannot be too high, we still have lots to learn.

Developments are everywhere and a contradiction to the native vegetation, no OH&S here that is very evident with electrical wires that go every which way and bamboo scaffolding. Lots of concrete buildings with rendered exteriors, and plenty of flash residential developments going on around Phuket, however we do not these are for the locals and many of the buildings are unoccupied.

Until next time!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb